Chapter 24

Kavya's Pov

3 months passed like three days . The events happened in these months were fun and overwhelming . Engagement , sangeet , mehendi all made me feel like a queen. Everyone seemed to be happy . Me and Kabir always hated family functions but we both seemed to enjoy this one .

Now I am sitting in my room about to get ready for the marriage after haldi.

I looked myself at the mirror blinking my eyes . I can't believe I am getting married . When did I grow up so soon?

"I know you wouldn't say no to Aahil. Afterall I am your mother . "My mother giggled which made me roll my eyes .

Everyone were treating me as a princess which I didn't feel for years and somehow this felt good . Even my mother was being kind and caring . It felt good but I didn't want her to know that .

"Here Kavya you are ready ."said a maid smiling widely at me . My mom's and step mom's eyes gleamed . Both wiped their lower lids with their fingers and pressed their finger on the side of my ear muttering 'nazar na lage kisi ka'.

Kabir knocked on the door which was slightly open . "If she is ready , can I talk to her alone ?".Everyone nodded at him and exited the room. He sat next to me and grinned . "You look ugly Kavya".

I glared at him and kicked him . It's my wedding and he is here to annoy me ! Oh god. Why are brothers like this ?

Suddenly sadness covered his face ." I wouldn't be able to annoy you everyday like this from now on "he mumbled .

He was right .Tomorrow when I wake up I would be in someone else's home with another title . Kabir wouldn't be there to annoy me nor mom to taunt . I started feeling hollow and empty . No . I can't leave all of them . I am such a fool for even thinking I can leave all of these .

Oh God . I wouldn't be able to meet my friends . I maybe even have to leave my work because of the responsibilities .No I can't . Tears started brimming in my eyes due to tension .

"Kabir . I don't want to marry ." I replied crying .

"Kavya are you nuts . What are you saying ?"

"I don't wanna marry . I am just marrying for mom and dad's happiness" I blabbered out . I know it wasn't true .But that moment I didn't know what I was saying or doing due to the anxiety forming in my head .

"Kavya .Stop crying!"Kabir exclaimed getting panicked .

I heard some noises from the door and glanced at it but there was no one . Shit I am imagining things because of the tension in my mind .

"Alia .Come here man ! Kavya is crying saying she doesn't want to marry . I don't know what to do !"Kabir said holding a phone near his ears . Maybe he was calling Alia for help because he didn't know to calm me .

"Relax.Its natural for girls to cry and blabber stupid things  when they are gonna leave their family . I am coming to calm Kavya . Just wait" I heard Alia say from the other side .

***

Alia sucessfully calmed me which was a miracle . I didn't know why I broke down like that a few moments ago . Alia was right actually . Maybe most of the brides break down when they realise the fear of leaving their family and going into another family . And that's what happened to me .