Chapter 21

"Life is not unfair

"Life is not unfair.It is fair that it is unfair to people equally"

Kavya's Pov:

The irritating tone of the alarm boozed into my ears bringing me out of my slumber . Kabir sure knew how to irritate me . Telling him to set the alarm for me as a favour was utter foolishness . Ofcourse of all he had to set the most irritating tone !

It was a normal day as all the days . I just woke up from my sleep. I took my phone to check the time as I was too lazy to look at the clock.

'Aahil:Good Morning 'a message popped bringing a smile to my face . Aahil sure knew how to enlighten people with his words which was indeed a talent .

'Kabir:Brush your teeth !Your stinky breath reached till my room.'another message popped .

I rolled my eyes.

No matter how arrogant or rude he is to the outside world , he always loved teasing me . I don't get that logic with brothers . What to do they get by teasing us and being hard on us every time!?

I didn't know what to reply to Aahil . I always text to fight with my friends or on important issues . I never chatted so kindly to anyone except Aahil . Aahil would always confuse me on what to reply . I didn't want to say something that offended him so I was extra kind to him . That's not so me . After I get to know a person , my level of sarcasm with them is very high. But with Aahil I am always either scared of what he will think of me or what if he gets upset with my remarks . I never cared what people will think of my opinions as I was sure to be careful with words and actions . But I don't know why with Aahil I was at a loss of words,nervous on what to say to him everytime he is texting me or infront of me . I don't know how he calms me like no else can. I don't know how his presence makes me feel safe and gives me comfort. I don't know anything ! I am a fool!

Shrugging these thoughts away I replied to Kabir.

'Me:How does it bother you? I am in my room doing no harm .'

'Kabir:Kavya I am saving the earth by telling you so!'

He just told me to brush .How is saving the earth related to this ? . I have got a really dramatic brother . Rolling my eyes once again ,  I continued the chat.

'Me:How so?How is even saving the earth related to this?'

'Kabir:Well it's simple . Your stinky breath travels through the air .'

'Me:And?'

'Kabir:You are  causing Pollution! Go brushh!'

I slapped my hand on my forhead . He is so....

'Me:I didn't know pollution occurred if we didn't brush our teeth. I guess teachers taught that brushing was to prevent the spread of germs and bacteria through our body? . Oh okay I will screenshot this and make everyone aware of this information . So that everyone brushes their teeth to avoid pollution.'