Chapter 18

"Truth is bitter but the bitterness of truth is temporary"

~**~

Kavya was being dressed up for the huge celebration of her father's bday . From the morning , people came to make her ready for the event . Her nails were clean and manicured , Hair was washed . All her facial hair and body hair were removed by waxing and she had a refreshing and peaceful bath . Kavya always loved spa and beauty  sessions . She always wanted to try them all in one but because she couldn't handle the expenses in the earlier days , she kept this wish of her aside .

Kavya felt like a princess after years .

Her hair was curled into perfect locks . She wore a huge , beautiful long gown which touched the floor and a little make up which matched her dress and jewellery.

After some time she was fully ready , she looked at her own reflection in the mirror .

"Woah Kavya . You look beautiful . "Angna complimented .

Kavya smiled and thanked her .

Kabir entered the room with Aahil . Both the boys froze seeing Kavya's appearance .

"Kavya ...You look..." Aahil began

"Like a witch who just pooped out from the Barbie world " Kabir completed and began laughing .

"Where the heck did you get those words from man ? " Aahil exclaimed laughing as well.

"Well you know I am too honest " he replied smirking .

Kavya started hitting Kabir .

"It's okay Kavya . Truth is always bitter " Kabir said and continued laughing .

Well that joke wasn't joke for her . Truth was always bitter to her .

***

Kavya looked at the huge party room. Her eyes scanned over everything . Some kind of odd feeling was perking her .

Her dad always loved to collect watches . Her present was a very expensive watch which she strived and bought hoping to give it to her father one day . But now they were extremely rich now . What if the present she is going to give would be small compared to others ?

Just then Aahil came behind her and stood with her . He noticed her expressions and smiled .

"It's okay Yaar . We all think like that . But once we hand the gift , our part is over . No matter if it's small or big . "He said patting her shoulders .