you deserve so much more

It was 10 AM on a Wednesday when the chime of the café rang, alarming Maya's that a customer was walking through the door

It was 10 AM on a Wednesday when the chime of the café rang, alarming Maya's that a customer was walking through the door. At the time, I was organizing all of the money in the cash register because hours 9 through 11 were our rush hours where so many customers came walking through.

"Hi, how can I help you?" I asked without looking up.

"Hey, I'm looking for a girl—blonde hair, blue eyes, her name is Clarke Griffin....?" The familiar feminine voice answered.

I looked up to see who was searching for me. A shock traveled down my body.

"She's about yea big..." Raven added with a small smirk present in the corner of her face.

"Raven," I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

What is she doing here?

"Well are you going to just stand there and stare or are you going to come and hug me?" She opened up her arms still smiling.

I giggled. Sure, Raven and I had our worst first impressions of each other, but our strong friendship was based solely off revenge for Finn. Not on each other, of course, but the man (or should I say boy) who committed the crime. When we found out that he was dating both of us at the same time, we both planned to tell him at the worst time. Consequently, he ended up getting really embarrassed in bed before we did the deed.

Raven walked in, faked her shock, slapped him a couple of glorious times, let me get a couple of decent slaps in there, and then we told him we knew all along about him cheating and that he was an asshole. We also told the rest of our campus, so let's just say Finn didn't have a chance with another girl in Polis.

I ran around the counter and held the dark-haired beauty in a tight embrace. Our reunion was cut short when another pair of arms were wrapped around us and we both split apart to see who it was.

"What the hell, Monty?" I laughed.

"I like hugs," he shrugged. Raven's eyebrows furrowed.

When Monty walked off I ask Raven, "What brought you to Arkadia?"

"You, actually," She sighed exhaustedly, "I've been looking for you everywhere."

"Why?" I asked.

"I just thought you should know that Finn has been calling me recently," she said shyly. I lifted my eyebrows in surprise and tilted my head to the right.

"Figures," I huffed. She gave me a questioning look. "He's been calling me, too. Says he's 'sorry and he wants to talk' or whatever," I rolled my eyes.

Her face dropped more than it already was. Almost like she was disappointed or was expecting more. "Oh," she looked down, frowning.

"Hey, Raven," I cupped her face in my hands so she can see me. "You deserve so much more than that asshole. Trust me on this."
She nodded and sat down to order a big cup of coffee.