Chapter 10: The Found

Zedd, together with Vahla and Rian are walking towards the nearest port of Rosano. After they cremate Breien, they planned that they'll go back to the guild's hideout and plan their next action with Dael.

Still bothered by the so called miracle that happened, Zedd noticed that Vahla is fidgetting about something.

"You have a problem?" Zedd asked Vahla.

"Nah... It's no big deal I think I can manage this..." Vahla shrugging it off.

"Come on Vahla! I noticed you're fidgetting!" Rian joined the conversation and Vahla finally gave in.

"I just want to tell you guys that you guys go ahead in the hideout without me..."

Zedd and Rian looked at each other, kind of surprise to hear from her as she hardly ever left behind.

"Is this about Breien?" Rian asked.

"This is not only about her... It's also about what happened between the two of you..."

"What do you mean by that" Rian got curious.

"The part you're both fighting Samris... Didn't you noticed that you defeated the guardians easily?"

"I noticed that too but I'm so immersed in the battle that I didn't stop, look and realized that they're weakened... I just assumed that the flute, the one that the son of Dayen played weakened it..." Zedd explained.

"But it happened before I got to the place of battle, good thing that they recognized it as a part of the deity. And I fetched them towards your area thinking that it may have an effect and it has..." Vahla replied and continued.

"But it wasn't... I think it was something else... Something nearby..."

"Well if that's the case then we will help you..." Rian offered help without hesitation.

"Nah... It's ok! You guys need to report to Dael, he must know what happened to Breien... I don't I will be delayed that long... I just need anothe it day or two..."

"That short?! I don't think you can finish that!" Zedd looked quized at Vahla's remark.

"I just know it... I can feel it..."

Rian tapped Zedd's with the face of resignation about the arguement.

"Forget Zedd... What Vahla sets her eyes on, she'll concentrate on that no matter what..."

"Ok." Zedd said in a lowly voice.

Vahla bowed to Zedd and Rian and parted ways. Zedd can't help but to express worry as he doesn't want any more people to die.

"You don't have to worry about her..." Rian noticed Zedd's anxiousness.

"If you say so..." Zedd replied.

***************************************

Vahla finally felt the relief, she activated her Ourous discreetly. Checking Zedd and Rian ride the ship, she finally put a big sigh.

"I'm sorry guys but I have to do this alone..." she told herself.

Vahla briskly walked from the port, panning her head left to right, weary of someone who might notice her. After a few moments, she went to the forrest and into camp where they fought Samris.

Scanning the whole area, she walked slowly in the debris of the aftermath. She saw a burnt circle mark in the ground.

"I think this is the spot where he fired his spell..." Vahla talked to herself as she is recalling the position of Zedd.