Chapter 4: The Quest

An astrologer was looking at the telescope to see closer the falling comet while scribbling his notebook in an undecipherable manner while Zedd waits for his calculation.

"It will be around the 3rd Moon on the second day the comet will land. Approximately before evening... Two days from now..." the astrologer told Zedd.

"It's almost close... I've got to prepare..."

"You better... Because many wielders have their eye on it... It's either they wanted it for their item or they wanted to bring the dead back to life... What's your purpose anyway lad?" the astrologer asked.

"It's personal..." Zedd replied.

"Well... All reasons are personal... You should go now..." the astrologer handed him a piece of paper. Zedd unfolded what appeared to be amap with his calculation of the estimated location and time the comet will land.

Zedd got out immediately from the observatory, walked to his horse and galloped all the way. Momentarily though, he reminisced what had happened after Atos, his father had died. After he buried him together with the people in the town square, he went to the country of Jimaca, city of wizards, sorcerers and astrologers, a place where almost all of the laws of nature were being defied by sorcery. He wanted to check where and what time wouldn't it fall so that he could have the advantage.

He unfolded again the paper that was given to him, to check where he would be going. It's being calculated to fall in the country of Cosilos, where water is pure and sand is everywhere. Its hot temperature was always criticized as scorching but at night it had an icy cold wind that blows throughout the country.

But the circumstances about the country didn't make Zedd lose heart, so that from Jimaca he had to ride a ship going there. He's now on his way to the port area to pay for his transportation. Zedd didn't really like to travel by water, not because of seasickness but because he'd always lose of his appetite.

Upon the entering the sturdy ship, he saw a lot of wielders on board. Zedd wouldn't thought that there are thousands of wielders who are also after the fallen comet. These make things complicated, he said to himself, feeling that he'll have a massive headache because of the number of his competitors.

As he walked into the halls of the ship, he tried to ponder how he could outfox these number of wielders aboard, not to mention other wielders in the other ships that were sailing to the same country.

"Hey!"

A shout that Zedd was familiar with but in a way he was surprised to hear it, not in a place that he expected it, it was Breien.

Breien walked towards Zedd in a gruntful manner that every wielder in the area took notice on how she pounded her steps into the wooden flooring.

"Fancy meeting you in here..." Zedd said while she's almost in her way.

"You don't want a death wish in here deserter..." Breien replied.

"Deserter?! Where did that come from?"

"We already told you about the hidden mystery behind this world and you just walked away from us!"

"Look... I don't really know who to believe because the Archbishop also said things about you guys... The Verity right?"

Breien quickly covered Zedd's mouth and dragged him to a corner. She activated her Ourous, drew her blade and aimed at his head.

"Shut up or you'll blow my cover!" Breien controlling her voice and her temperament.

Still holding Zedd's mouth, he pulled down her hands.

"You know what? I'll take you up on that. Whatever happens today, I'll take it. Because for me, I'm here because I have a reason. "