Chapter 5: The Race

Zedd's last memory of going door to door was in his childhood, when they had the festival of the Supreme Creator and they had gone singing with his friends' house in their neighborhood. Right now, it's going door to door with his horse, to the inns of Cosilos, because it looks either they're fully booked or they don't allow low profile wielders to rent their rooms, how in appropriate, he told himself.

Many wielders had arrived before him and already had been staying in Cosilos for almost a month. It's a highly anticipated event that all of them are committed to stay in advance.

It's already night time and he was roaming around, he remembered Breien, he's wondering if she had the same situation as he is. But he quickly focused himself, and reminded that he needed to get the falling comet to revive his father.

Zedd saw a nearby stable in one of the inns; he dismounted himself from the horse and knocked the door and started to ask the inn keeper if he could stay for a night. Just one night, for its now the first day of the 3rd Moon, tomorrow will be the biggest day for him.

"Beautiful evening to you sir! I would like to ask if I can stay in your stable for a night?" Zedd asked.

The inn keeper looked at Zedd with an incredulous stance, panning his sight to him from head to foot.

"I have money..." Zedd quickly followed up.

"You may have the money but will you promise me to stay out of trouble?" the innkeeper replied.

"What?"

"You are the first wielder who told me that they want to sleep in my stable. But lucky for me, all of my rooms are already fully booked. Unlucky for you because there are other wielders who are now sleeping in my stable..."

Zedd was floored by the response of the inn keeper, he didn't anticipated that the stables would also be occupied.

"Ok! I promise!"

"Good! Now that's 5 Dignans!"

"That's almost the price of an ordinary inn!" Zedd retaliated to the inn keeper's unbelievable price.

"Do you want to sleep in here or not?"

Felt like a loser, Zedd paid the inn keeper anyway. As he looked at the inn keeper's glowing eyes as he handed the money, the feeling of being cheated grew bigger in him. He remembered about the values taught from his father, Cheat your own neighbor and you will pay its price. It suddenly made him calm down and focused.

The inn keeper accompanied Zedd to his stable. As he opened the doors, Zedd quickly saw his fellow wielders sleeping in the haystacks.

"I'll tie your horse in here..." The inn keeper volunteered.

Zedd now looked for a spot in the stable as to where he will sleep, he picked the corner in which it is least occupied.

"Sleep tight wielder, all of you have a big day tomorrow..." the inn keeper grinned at him closing the door.

Zedd immediately went to his favored spot, exhausted from finding the right inn, he dropped down to the haystack and sounded fast asleep.

As the sunlight hits the holes of the stable, Zedd felt the heat in his face but as he was about to get up, he felt something wrapped around his body, as he looked at it closely, he was being hugged from behind. Big arms than him but something strange and the feeling is somewhat familiar.

One wielder continued to hug Zedd and it's now even tighter. He now decided to break free from this predicament. As he continued to budge from the hug, he heard the wielder's moan, it's a woman. Anxiety creped in as he attempted to break free more than ever.