Chapter 8: The Village

Dayen walked in a manner where he was easily followed by Zedd and company, giving an idea that has been patient despite what happened awhile ago. Zedd had his eyebrows met and wrinkled the center of his forehead, still having a hard time in believing that the Church of the Creator had done. Let alone the first incident that happened, but this was different. This has nothing to do with the Ouruous.

Breien gazed at Zedd as she followed him, she carefully examined Zedd's movement.

"They're all stiff." said to herself.

She remembered the story of Zedd and concluded that it might relate the experience to him, losing a love one with no mercy.

Rian and Vahla are both worried about Breien, they had an impression that she might have taken this mission too seriously for Zedd.

"Are we there yet?" Zedd asked while scratching his left elbow as their path is infested with flies and mosquitoes.

"We are almost there sire!" Dayen replied jovially.

"We have to be sure about that... We don't know what happens next..." Breien replied openly as everybody could hear.

Dayen suddenly bit his lip and goes to Zedd's side, hiding in Breien's sight. Zedd tapped his back and gleefully smiled

"Don't worry... I'm sorry she only means that we have to be cautious..." Zedd assured Dayen.

Dayen smiled back but wryly as he saw Breien staring at him as if piercing through him.

They arrived at the gate of the camp, with a large wall that expanded from side to side, two guardians are standing in each side of the gate and facing each other. Zedd find it peculiar, the gate was open and the guardians didn't mind them if they're standing in front of them.

"So much for the welcoming committee..." Rian said while looking from side to side, holding her crossbow.

"I guess we have to be very careful... We don't know what's in store for us beyond that gate..." Zedd came up with his own theory.

"Let's get it going!" Breien roared at pumped up to raise her sword up high, Zedd and company followed her lead.

Dayen fidgeting than ever before felt that he can't walk with his legs anymore as he saw the guardians at the gate.

"Calm down young one... Zedd and I will be protecting you..." Vahla smiled calmly at Dayen and tapped his shoulders. As soon as she touched him, she also immediately felt the same fear and felt down to her knees. Vahla looked again at Dayen's eyes.

As their eyes have met, she looked at him more closely as if she is looking for something in his eyes.

Dayen bashfully breaks from the stare of Vahla and ran furiously towards the camp while crying with his head down. Zedd and the others are surprise to see what Dayen did and immediately followed him.

"Dayen ! Wait! What happened?" Zedd questioned Dayen while running towards him. He looked at Vahla, felt that she has touched something within him.

"Zedd! Rian! Breien! Wait!" Vahla screamed their name.

As Zedd was about to look back at Vahla, he felt a strange aura coming towards them. He now faced in front of him and saw a man, 6 feet high wearing only a knight's helm with a ragged short pants and boots. His eyes glow in red with hoarse voice that will make you think he is a threat.

"I presume that you're Zedd?" The tall man said to them.

"I've been expecting everyone of you... My name is Samris, one of the captains of the church guardians..."