Chapter 2: The Discovery

They shoved their hands to the ground, motioned inward towards them, until they felt the deep was already three feet, pretty much shallower for a burial. Dael held the hands while Zedd got the feet of the fallen wielder, Mg Daimon. As they swung the body into the burial hole, it almost did not make it, the corpse landed with its face first, Zedd jerked his face as if he felt the pain. One handful of dirt at a time, they covered the grave, Zedd panted trying to catch his breath and feeling the strain in his arms, looked at his own clothes that were already covered with dirt. Meanwhile Dael, just clapped his hands and still looked refreshed like nothing extraneous happened to him. Moments later, balls of energy floated from the grave and flew towards the sky.

"He became part of this world now." Dael said while looking at the energy.

"I didn't know that we would become like that if we die..." Zedd replied.

"There are many things the school today doesn't teach you..."

"Well Mr. Dael, let's start by what you know..."

Dael raised his right eyebrow and put a smirked on his face, looked at Zedd, feeling the over confidence of the youth.

"Well then... Let's start by taking these..."

Dael searched something inside his cape, both of his eyebrows meet and wrinkled its skin between his eyes, his elbows showed protruding from his cape as he was becoming impatient; his eyebrows almost met his forehead and stretched his closed hand and opened it slowly. A small corked bottle with a red liquid inside, Zedd guessed that it's a potion, but he was wondering what was it for.

"Drink it..."

"Can I ask what's in it?"

"In this world, we always need to take risk in order to build trust. This is your risk."

Doubt crossed Zedd's mind but his habit of saying "yes" to everything took its place. He took the bottle and pulled out its cork, he smelled it at first, his eyes widened and shut, quickly grabbed his nose and tried to give it back again to Dael.

"It's not poison..." Dael said.

Zedd's eyes rolled, heaved a sigh and drunk the liquid, in his belief he would rather risk something than die thinking about later if he had done it. He pulled the cork and tilted vertically the bottle to his mouth and finished it until its last drop. He tasted his tongue again, felt the craving as it tasted sweet like newly harvested honey. He was urged to ask what was it that he took but he noticed something peculiar to his new found companion. Dael seemed to be tapping his foot while both of his arms are rested on his waist, he stared blank at Zedd, and his feet started tapping faster.

Melting sensation felt in his stomach, Zedd fall down on his knees, holding his stomach and started to churn wildly. He felt there's something burning inside of him like its making a hole. Still holding his stomach, he's trying to endure the pain, but it was too strong. He fall down completely, curled his body and gnawed with his teeth, he tried to look at Dael, still staring at him. His vision started to be a blur as the pain slowly subsided, now his eyes starting to feel heavier as he tried to look at Dael but then his consciousness has left him.

"See you tomorrow..." Dael said to Zedd.

Feeling the winds that sounded like whisper and coldness that chilled all of his body, Zedd barely wakes up but felt like there's an ax on his head that is breaking his skull, still trying to see yet all is still a blur. He felt another sensation, this time it is in his body, he felt he was carrying eight sacks rice but he couldn't figure it out. He decided to stand up but heard something behind his back, clanking of chains, felt the ice like coldness of the cuffs in his hands and also his feet. Mustering up his whole determination to stand up, he still couldn't find his balance to do so. He guessed he was in a dungeon, with only one torch that served as a light that he could see the rusted bars in front of him. Regret struck his heart as he trusted a stranger only to satisfy his curiosity.