Chapter 9: The Stand

Samris's massive fist almost of a size of a log from a young tree, protruded through Breien's torso. Fountain spurts of blood were splashed all over as her body shaked in pain. Her eyes became dilated. She opened her mouth to let go a silent scream. She finally stops shaking and she dropped like a rock falling from the cliff.

Zedd felt a burning sensation, in his chest that went through his eyes, his vision became watery blur but felt no doubt of his sight.

"Damn you Samris!" Zedd screamed at the Church Captain.

A guardian descended like lightning to Zedd that suddenly was thrown to the left and nailed to wall with his arms and legs sticked out. Samris' eyes widen as he saw for the first time that a wielder knocked out a guardian.

"You go with Zedd while I will try to help the people to get out..." Vahla ordered Rian as she saw this as perfect opportunity to abuse the situation.

"Right!" Rian snapped her body into a firing position with her cross bow and aim. She saw a number of guardians are headed to Zedd.

"Eat this!" Rian's Blue Ourous shined with the arrow's tip spark a light. From the light it formed a circle with same archaic symbols in her Ourous. She squeezed the trigger as if closing a fist, her became light and launched in gushing river like rapid.

One by one, the guardians drop like dead like flies as they were hit by the arrow made of light. Samris felt the numbness in his knees as he can't understand the event that is happening.

"Enough!" Samris roared in anger to quench the annoyance that he's feeling. Never did he saw two weilders take on the guardians.

Samris' body started glow in red, light slips in slowly in crimson and waves wildly as the host projects its emotion.

"Let's take him on!" Rian coached Zedd to attacked.

Zedd stepped on the ground faster than he ever could, while holding his sword with two hands directly pointing at Samris' heart. Rian meanwhile tried to take an aim to Samris but Zedd's blocking her view.

As he reached the range of Samris, a blinding speed of hands and feet were raging between the warriors. From there battleground, the sound of steel clashing with one another, the wind was screaching loud enough for anyone to cover one's ear.

"Not bad weilder! But you have to die!"

Samris released a punch straight to Zedd's nose, and he tumbled a kilometer away from him.

"No!"

Rian tightly squeezed the trigger and aimed straight at Church Captain. Samris sensed the attack and made the same flurry attack but this time he parried all of the light arrows. As the last arrow was to hit, in a snap, he changed the angle of his parry and deflected straight to Rian.

Rian, by instinct sidestep to the right but the arrow is too fast and graced her arm.

Feeling the wound very deep from her own arrow, she held her wound and began to plan her survival.

"Samris!"

From a far, Zedd is dashing straight ahead to Samris but this time, the blade of his sword has now a light covered with his Ourous.

"Vigz Vamos!"

Zedd slashed vertically to the ground but the light explodes destroying everything from Zedd's front.

Caught by surprise, Samris crossed his arms, hiding his head and bracing for impact. Like a roaring thunder, the sound was heard throughout the entire area and the blast still persists until it dissipated.