Chapter 6: The Memory

Still feeling high with a mixture of being nauseous, Zedd opened eyes but his vision was quite blur, moments after it gradually came back to its natural clear. Staring at the branch of the tree, blocking the sunlight that hit him, he figured out that he's in a nearby forest, but then again he remembered that the nearest forest was a thousand kilometer away.

He jolted himself to rise up as he realized this, checked his sword and shield, it was gone, somebody took it.

"I see you're already awake now..."

Zedd quickly turned his attention from the voice, under the shades of the trees, it was Dael, the mystical stranger he'd met.

"Why am I not surprised?" Zedd told him sarcastically.

"As you can see, you're here again..."

"Where's Breien?"

"She's just resting... She's the one who brought you in here... You're in here for around seven days..."

"Seven days?!" Zedd exclaimed.

"Yes. And now, it is not advisable that you get out... You are now being hunted..."

"What?!"

Dael activated his Ourous, swiped the symbols onwards to the trends of the world. He showed Zedd the latest wanted list of the World Septua; he's in top five in the world.

"What?! I---I didn't do anything!" Zedd became perplexed about the call of the bounty to him.

"You don't remember you're in Cosilos?" Zedd nodded in agreement.

"And you answered correctly the question written in a crystal wall right? And you've been swallowed up by the earth?"

Zedd recollected his memories from that incident, so far from what Dael told him, he's on the right track.

"Then you've fallen into a room full of crystals and ---"

"Stop! Where is this heading" Zedd interrupted Dael's story.

"You've stumbled upon the chamber where the renegade deity's memory is stored. The location of the chamber is indicated by the fallen comet but the Archbishop come up with a lore that every wielder will join its expedition. It also masquerades his men to destroy the chamber itself."

"You're always giving me the headache..." Zedd replied.

"Breien was there to retrieve the memory of the renegade deity but it seemed you're in contact before?"

"It was years ago when I was a kid but I don't remember his face. I'm not even sure if the deity is a he or she? But wait a minute, I just got lucky about the question..."

"It seems the deity has already chosen you..."

"I have a choice..." Zedd insisted.

Vahla overheard Zedd about his insistence and decided that she will step into their conversation between the two men.

"I think it's already been decided..." Vahla replied at Zedd's remark and continued.

"The deity already existed long before you and me... I'm sure the decision is guided by wisdom and the deity has its own reason..."

"I don't really buy that..." Zedd shot down Vahla's explanation.

"You have nowhere to go because the Guardians will kill you if you go out from this zone!" Dael reiterated.