"Come on girls, we were going to get something to eat but I think we'll go somewhere that's not full of freaks!" She hissed and strutted out of the diner, the other three following after her.

"Jo I'm sorry." I muttered once the door had shut, avoiding the prying eyes of curious customers.

She squeezed my arm, "It's ok Cas, there isn't much they can say that will hurt me anymore, you shouldn't listen to them." She smiled and I nodded but it was easier said than done. 

What hurt me most was Hannah. My childhood best friend who now couldn't look me in the eye. Like I was something disgusting. 

The next day my parents were out for the afternoon so I invited Dean to come and 'study' for our history pop quiz coming up. We'd begun to use studying as an excuse to spend time together. Dean drove us in the impala and I directed him the way to my house. 

I could tell he was slightly out of his comfort zone amongst the slightly larger houses and well manicured front gardens. 

"Do I take my shoes of or what?" He chuckled when he stepped into the house. 

"Nah don't worry." I laughed and showed him up to my room. 

"Wow, your room's really nice." Dean smiled and I realised it was probably significantly bigger than his. He immediately went and flicked on my fairy lights that surrounded my bed. 

I opened my laptop and put on Deans Spotify playlist. I considered putting on some Netflix show but decided against it. As we'd become closer Dean and I spent more time just talking and I wanted this to be one of those times. Dean was much cleverer than he let on, and more observant too. 

We were both laying at opposite ends of my bed and were chatting about school when I decided to ask him something that had been bothering me for a while now. 

"Hey, why are you with Lisa?" He sat up now clearly slightly uncomfortable. "Sorry that came across as really blunt, it's just that you're so nice even to people like me, but she's kind of rude even to people who're supposed to be her friends, no offense." I added and thankfully Dean didn't take it too badly. 

"She's not so bad if you get to know her." He said but even he knew it was a poor excuse. "She is also super hot." 

"You know that made you sound like such a dick." I laughed.

"I know." He was laughing now too and I was thankful for that. 

I guessed that was all I was going to get out of him on the subject so I quickly moved on.  

At 6 o'clock Dean left, which was lucky as my parents got home shortly after. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Wednesday I saw Dean in Biology. Instead of him approaching me I decided to go to him that time when Miss Amara was busy on her computer. I guess it was a testament to how comfortable I was around him now. 

"Hey, how'd the pop quiz go?" I asked. 

"Yeah alright, I really think our study session yesterday really paid off." He laughed. Benny who was sitting next to him frowned at the inside joke. 

"Hi Benny." I said feeling sorry that he was being left out, but also as some sort of test. I wanted to see how he reacted. Was he with Azazel and his goon squad or was he secretly a nice guy like Dean. 

He looked a little surprised that I'd acknowledged him and his frown increased. But only for a moment before he composed himself and smiled. "Hey."