The Beginning of Recovery

A/N: This is the true beginning of the actual KyoTama relationship and frankly there's probably only going to be one or two chapters after this one before it's finished...*cries a little* the good news is that I have a bank of fanfics I've gotten started and I love all of them so I'll start working on posting those after I'm done with this one. The next chapter will be the last one to this fiction.  As always thanks for being patient with me and I hope you enjoy! ~Len-kun

Tamaki pulled open extraordinarily heavy eyelids and stared at a ceiling he didn't recognize. The blanket wrapped around him smelled strongly of fresh detergent and fabric softener telling him it was from his house, however there was also a scent he recognized to be Kyouya's. 'Meaning he was probably holding me?' he asked himself wondering briefly why that would happen, then the memories of Julius and Corbin hit him like a terrifying nightmare. He couldn't help his body from trembling even though he knew the two weren't around, otherwise he wouldn't be here. 'They're not that merciful.' he reminded himself. 'Where did I go wrong with them...I thought we were friends.'

"You're awake, Tamaki-san, how are you feeling?" a nurse asked him softly, the boy looked like he would break if anything was said louder than a whisper. Tamaki looked at her blankly, he was warm but his body trembled with fear. He knew he was safe but tears pricked his eyes anyway and the sudden feeling of chains, whips and the feeling of his clothes being torn off his body came back in a wave. "Shall I tell the others that you're awake?" the nurse asked kneeling by the host king's bed. Tamaki shook his head and looked out the window.

"Just Kyouya." he answered after a slight pause. The nurse nodded and left the room as quietly as possible.

"Tamaki." the voice came smoothly, Tamaki relished in the warm feeling it brought him letting a small smile spread over his lips. Turning his eyes to the Japanese male, who had decided to pull a chair over to the king's bed and sit down, he tried to read the emotions in the other's eyes. Long ago Tamaki learned that was the only way you really could read Kyouya accurately. To him, Kyouya looked calm on the outside and everything but calm on the inside. His eyes were unstable and glazed suggesting that he wasn't thinking as clearly as he liked to.

"Mon ami, I'm okay. Stop worrying." he managed in a rasped whisper. (A/N: Mon ami translated to: my friend)

"You're not okay Tama, you're not." Kyouya replied shaking his head, he was glad Tamaki seemed to be showing some optimism but the darkness and pain swirling in his eyes told Kyouya differently. "What they did to you isn't something that can be looked passed." he added tracing Tamaki's elegant fingers with his own.

"I am okay, Kyouya, not physically and maybe not even mentally but I'm safe now. I'm with you." came the reply, Kyouya stopped tracing and looked up in slight surprise.

"How can you even be sure, knowing the background of those two I can say they won't be able to be kept in Japanese prison for the rest of their lives. My hope is they will get deported back to France, however there's no way to be sure about anything." he tried to reason no matter how futile he knew it was.

"I know, but I'm okay with that. They're not my friends, nor anyone I feel I have any connection to, however I know that I am okay with you Kyouya. That's what matters to me the most right now." Kyouya shook his head slightly, unable to help the slight smirk that came over him, and leaned over giving Tamaki a light kiss on the forehead.

"Sleep idiot, I have to go tell the others to stop pacing around like frantic morons." he explained, despite his situation, Tamaki smiled and nodded before closing his eyes again drifting into a comfortable warm sleep with the feeling of Kyouya's lips on his skin.

"How is Tamaki-senpai?" Haruhi asked, as soon as she saw Kyouya walk out of the room, alerting the other hosts around her.

"He's in no condition for school, stress or to see any large group at a time, but it's Tamaki. He's going to be better sooner than he should be." Kyouya answered seeing the relieved looks of all the hosts. 'Despite the fact we won't be spending our lives like this once high school is over, we really have become something of a family.' he mused walking off towards his laptop.

"I wonder what happened." Honey voiced looking after Kyouya. Haruhi looked at him confused, followed by the twins. "He looks happier now that he got to see Tama-chan, I wonder what happened in there." the smaller explained motioning to the nearly invisible smile Kyouya was supporting.

"Probably nothing we want to know about." Hikaru started.

"I bet he's planning something cruel for the morons that hurt the boss." Kaoru added, Haruhi shuddered at the thought unable to fathom what the shadow king would be doing to those two after this incident.

"But he looks more demonic when he's planning cruel things for people. He looks genuinely happy this time." Honey replied.

"That's true, generally he has a really creepy look when he planning someone's demise." Hikaru agreed with a slight nod.

"But...the real question is, is Tamaki-senpai going to be okay after all of this? Those two, were friends of Tamaki-senpai and we all know how emotionally sensitive he is." Haruhi whispered looking back through the door where Kyouya had come from.

"It will take him time to recover for sure, we will have to be gentle with him after this for a while," Kyouya stared pointedly at the twins, "however, Tamaki will do everything he can not to worry us and become himself again." he added with assurance.

"Because his tormentors are here, will that mean Tama-chan is going to run back to France with his mother?" Honey questioned not wanting that to be the case but it ould be understood.

"No, Tamaki no longer has anyone in France. All of his family connections are in Japan now." came the reply as he typed rhythmically.

"Then his mother..." Haruhi started but decided not to finish the sentence for fear if she did the sky would fall on top of them. Kyouya seemed to understand her feelings and nodded, not even he was prepared to face the reality of how hurtful Tamaki could be by the death of his mother.

"Pooor Tama-chan...Kyo-chan, will Tama-chan ever be the same?" the younger looking blonde asked with uncertainty clouding his voice.

"It may take a long time, but eventually yes Tamaki will be back to himself. It is one of the many abilities Tamaki has, to bounce back from hard situations, he's not as emotionally unstable as you may think." Kyouya answered pausing in his typing to do so. Haruhi smirked slightly despite the situation they were in, it was true after all, Tamaki did always end up bouncing back from whatever happened. Though he indeed have a weird way to deal with problems...they'd always get resolved in the end.

'I doubt it's just his abilities that help him though...Tamaki has a deep connection with the host club but over everything else Tamaki will always go to Kyouya.' she thought with a light smile.