Friend

A/N: This is the third chapter of Not Yet and it's really fckn short for which I apologize, I hope everyone enjoys it! ~Len-kun 

When breakfast had ended the two kings headed back upstairs, it was time Kyouya got some answers from Tamaki to his questions and he was prepared to have to fight to get them. There was a possibility of hurting the other, or pushing him away but Kyouya banished those thoughts to the back of his mind; helping Tamaki was all he could afford to think about right now. "Tamaki, we need to talk." He voiced as they reached the top of the stairs, he saw the blonde freeze momentarily before near violet hues were turned on him. Kyouya could tell this was going to take all day by the look in Tamaki's eyes. 'Might as well call nee-san and tell her I'm not coming back tonight either.' He thought but that was soon pushed away by a soft voice asking him a question.

"What do we need to talk about Kyouya?" He asked trying to forget the reason Kyouya was even still at his house. He didn't want this talk to happen, but he knew the other was set on making it happen regardless of his pleads.

"I believe you are well aware on what the topic is going to be." Kyouya replied taking Tamaki's hand in his for fear the blonde would run from him. This wouldn't have been the first time he was in this situation with Tamaki and he wasn't going to let it end with Tamaki running away again. "Tamaki I want to help you, but I can't if you don't tell me what happened. I want to know everything that happened on your trip, and the real reason you left in the first place." He added moments later when he felt the blonde start pulling away. Kyouya knew he was backing his friend into a corner, but in his years of knowing him, blocking off all possible escape routes was the only way to get Tamaki to speak the entire truth about something painful to him. Hearing the maids downstairs reminded Kyouya of where they were standing. "Lets take this to your room." He advised pulling the now nervous and abnormally silent boy behind his bedroom doors.

"Kyouya mon ami, I can't. I-I'm sorry but I can't talk to you. If I did t-then, I don't know what would happen." Tamaki whispered as tears started spilling out of his eyes. (A/N: mon ami - roughly translated to: my friend) Kyouya stared at him, yes it was normal for Tamaki to dramatically cry but this was the second time he had witnessed his friend cry tears of true pain in less than forty eight hours.

"I can't sit here and watch you like this Tamaki, it's okay for you to be upset, to cry and feel depressed however, it's not okay to break down and then carry on as though nothing happened. You're hurt, physically and mentally, you can't change whatever happened but you can get help. The others don't have to know about anything if you don't want them too, it can be just the two of us." He replied trying to keep his resolve, it was hard to say no to someone who already looked so rejected and hurt especially Tamaki who could outshine the sun it seemed.

"Kyouya please don't make me talk! I can't do it, I can't get you involved!" Tamaki cried sinking to the floor and hugging his knees with his head bowed. Kyouya could only look at him in sympathy. Whatever had happened to Tamaki had a hold of him even after he left the country, this wasn't going to be easily overcome and Kyouya could see that now. He mentally hit himself for trying to push the other, Tamaki was someone who needed to feel as though there was a safety net around him before he did anything. That safety net had been destroyed in France and now it was up to Kyouya to become that safety net or he wouldn't be going anywhere.

  "I'm sorry Tamaki, I won't make you talk. Just tell me what you need, I'm here for you as always." He said sitting on the floor next to his broken ray of sunlight, stroking soft locks of golden hair, Kyouya was able to calm the other down after an hour or so. He dried his tears on a tissue before helping the other stand on his feet again. It would be a long process but Kyouya would get his king back on the throne. Now he just had to figure out where to start.