Battle

A/N:  The last update, lets be real, was pathetic. This chapter actually gives you something to read that's entertaining and, well, wroth reading. Anyway I hope you guys enjoy reading this ~Len-kun

"As per usual it looks as though we're the first to arrive." Tamaki announced as the two made it to Music Room #3. Kyouya nodded while setting himself up at the table with his laptop and black notebook. Tamaki made himself busy with his French books as he sat by the window with the sun shining down on his flawless skin.

'Damn Tamaki, now you're just teasing. But of course it's unknowingly because since when the hell did you know how to tease anyone?' Kyouya thought to himself trying to stay focused with his calculations.

"Good morning Tama-chan, Kyo-chan!" Honey greeted as he walked in the doors sitting on Mori's shoulders with Usa-chan being used as a pillow for the smaller blonde. Kyouya looked up and politely nodded to his upper class-men, Tamaki looked up from his book and smiled at the two of them widely.

"Good morning Honey-senpai, Mori-senpai." He greeted in return going back to his reading seconds later.

"Kyo-chan, do we still have sweets from last week?" Honey asked pleadingly as he was set down on the ground.

"Yes I believe we do, they should be on the shelves." Kyouya replied pointing over to the shelves stacked with preserved sweets. Honey scampered over to them and happily started munching on whatever he could get his hands on. Tamaki looked over and smiled from behind his bangs, no matter how old Honey was he still looked and reminded the other hosts of a child. Until he got angry.

'It's amusing how someone so friends can turn so dark and terrifying in a matter of a minute or less. Julius was like that too...so kind and then.' Tamaki shuddered silently casting his eyes down on the ground in front of him. 'What happened to Julius anyway? I never anticipated he would be so cruel, I at least know why the others didn't want me back in France. But why him? What did I ever do to you Julius?' He asked thinking back to what the other male had said at their meeting in France.

"Tamaki, it's been such a long time since I've heard your voice mon ami! I'm so glad to have you back in France, come there is so much you have missed and out friends have missed you too." (A/N: Mon ami - my friend) He smiled as he met Tamaki at the airport. Tamaki couldn't help but smile back at his lifelong friend, Julius had stopped calling him after he had been in Japan for month and Tamaki still wasn't sure entirely why. Sure the two had a fight about Tamaki's future but he was sure that had subsided.

'Maybe he just wanted to talk in person, it's usually easier to keep a good relationship that way after all.' Tamaki thought lightheartedly as he took his friend's hand and started up idle chatter. "Julius please tell me that you're not forcing anyone to see me, I don't want to cause inconvenience." Tamaki said almost shyly. Julius stopped in his tracks and looked at Tamaki seriously.

"Tamaki, who wouldn't want to see you? But to answer your question, no I know you don't like being in anyone's way or anything so I only made a small gathering of old friends who haven't seen you in a while." Julius replied with a kind smile. Tamaki grinned and pulled his friend into a hug, Julius picked him up and swung him around in a circle. Both of them laughed, Tamaki decided he would enjoy his stay in France while he was here. He could even see his mother again.

"Julius, would you come with me to see mère? I'm kind of nervous to go alone...what if she doesn't want to see me again?" (A/N: Mère - roughly translated to mother) Tamaki worried, staring at the ground.

"Tamaki, your mother will be delighted to see you I'm sure. I will go with you of course, that's what friends are for." Came the reply with Julius' signature smile that made Tamaki feel safe and gave him confidence.

'That was before everything happened though. What changed in him? Was it something I did? I suppose it would have to be...' Tamaki thought ignoring when he heard the door open and close a second time.

"Good morning Kyouya-senpai, how have you been?" Haruhi asked with a shy smile on her face. Kyouya looked up from what he was doing and nodded his greeting.

"Well thank you. Now that I can actually get some work done." He replied trying to act as normal as possible though his mind was still reeling and focused on other things. Seeing she hadn't been jumped yet, Haruhi looked around to find the king of the hosts sitting in a chair seemingly lost in thought.

"Good morning Tamaki-senpai." She said quietly as to avoid waking a sleeping beast. Tamaki looked over at her and nodded politely kind of sitting up for her.

"Good morning Haruhi, how are you today?" He asked much quieter than normal, though he didn't giver a chance to respond before going back to staring out the window. Before Haruhi could get his attention again the door was opened and in came the trouble-filled twins Hikaru and Kaoru.

"Morning everyone, woah we didn't get here before Haruhi? That's a first." They greeted looking around the room.

"It's definitly not a first." Haruhi defended stepping away from where she was worriedly looking at her king. The twins laughed and continued teasing Haruhi about her being late more often than they themselves were.

"What's wrong with the boss?" Hikaru asked as he noticed Tamaki had yet to move from his chair by the window.

"Obviously he's catching up on beauty rest, all French people know that beauty is le plus important. Most important. (A/N: le plus imortant - rough translation to most important) Ladies don't swoon for nothing, and prince Tamaki knows that better than anyone in France. Isn't that right, Tamaki?" Came a voice that sounded like an ice storm being covered up by a fake sunlight. At the voice both Tamaki and Kyouya froze. Standing up from the chair Tamaki turned around and looked over at the newest occupant of the room.

"Julius, what are you doing here?" Tamaki asked, with politeness in his voice though it was covered by venom that was clear to all the other hosts. Kyouya stared at his friend in concern, Tamaki had been timid and shy, scared and weak about Julius being here. But this wasn't any of those, Tamaki was confident and staring directly into the other's eyes.

'This is not going to go well.' Kyouya thought as his eyes flicked back and fourth from one blonde to the other. He could sense a battle was about to begin and it would not be beautiful.