Julius Noir

A/N:  This is pretty short compared to the last chapter that was over 1,000 words. I hope you enjoy, you get to see a little more about Julius in this chapter and it foreshadows kind of what is going to happpen with Kyouya and Julius' relationship. ~Len-kun

Julius noticed that Tamaki seemed to be a little more protected than he had wished for. Though he didn't think too much of Kyouya, as a whole. 'So he has a geek pretty boy friend to stand in front of him? I suppose I'll just have get him out of the way first. It's almost sad to mess up such beautiful faces like that, but he's standing in the way of me getting to Tamaki.' Julius thought as Tamaki seemed to be searching for words. The wide eyes and even shaking that Julius could make out made him smirk although it was soon gone to avoid suspicion. Kyouya noticed the flash of do doubt sinister intent from the guy and didn't bother to hide his disliking for him as he usually would to others.

"U-um K-Kyouya this is Julius Noir, I know h-him from b-back home." Tamaki stuttered which was very unlike the king who was always so flawless in his speech no matter how dramatized it got to be. (A/N: Noir - roughly translated to black)

"I see, someone else from France then. Pleasure to meet you." Kyouya replied looking squarely at Julius though his eyes were shaded and his glasses glinted in flickering street light.

"You must be Kyouya then right? Tamaki has talked so much about you and the host club that you started together." Julius acknowledged the other with a nod although he made no move to shake hands or anything of the sort. 'This guy talks like some sort of big shot, he probably is, I'll have to look him up in depth later when I return to my hotel room.' He thought with a devious smile in the back of his mind.

"Yes, Otori Kyouya, it's a pleasure to meet someone else from Tamaki's homeland." Kyouya replied politely although he was inwardly trying to find out how he was going to move this obstacle out of his way. 'I will have to look more into his family and background later.' Kyouya thought with a concealed smirk. Tamaki looked between the two males and shuddered involuntarily, he could see that neither liked each other. He had gotten good at reading people ever since his grandmother had become a large figure in his life. The shadows around the two seemed to bend and come more alive than before. Tamaki backed away from Kyouya to a street light, looking up into the blinding bulb he forgot about the shadows, the hidden intentions and the darkness that was surrounding him and his friend. Kyouya noticed Tamaki had left and was staring up at light, no doubt damaging his eyes, and became worried. He nodded to Julius and turned to fetch the blonde to take him home.

"Tamaki, if you stand under the light like that it will hurt your eyes. I doubt anyone would want that." Julius called snapping Tamaki out of his daze momentarily. Looking over with unfocused eyes, Tamaki could see Kyouya walking over to him looking concerned and Julius following looking like a cat who had just caught a mouse that could run fast enough.

"Come Tamaki, I believe it's time we head back to the estate, the maids will be worried if I keep you out here any longer and it's already fairly dark." Kyouya said reaching his hand towards Tamaki's, said boy nodded and gingerly let Kyouya lead him from the light.

'Again, I'm taken from the light, only this time by a comforting hand that I can trust won't shove me into a cold cell.' He thought as they passed by Julius again. Looking over he saw for a moment the pure hatred and envy in eyes that he used to love looking at. Julius over all was not a bad looking guy, like Tamaki he had golden flawless hair only his was not as neatly done, his skin was cream colored and he had deep blue penetrating eyes. "How long are you staying in Japan Julius?" Tamaki asked before they had passed the other. Julius smiled seeing how Tamaki had gained some confidence back.

"I will be here for at least a month, father has some business out here and I had to come along. I have to say I like Japan almost better than France, I'll have to see if I can get permanent housing here. Au revoir mon ami. Je sais que nous nous reverrons." (A/N: Au revoir - goodbye; Mon ami - my friend; Je sais que nous nous reverrons - I know we will meet again.) He said before walking off with a backhanded wave to the two boys as he vanished into the dark.

Kyouya and Tamaki walked back to the estate in silence, neither spoke about Julius or what was going to happen because of his staying in Japan. "I know this might be an inconvenience to you but I was wondering if you could stay the night again. Of course you are welcome to go home and get new clothing since you have been here for the past three days or so..." Tamaki trailed not looking at Kyouya as he was afraid of his friend's rejection.

"I will stay, however, you must let me get some work done for the Host Club since I haven't been able to and we have school tomorrow if you have forgotten." Came the reply, it might have sounded a bit harsh but Tamaki could see Kyouya was genuinely willing to stay so he smiled and left it at that.

"Of course, don't let me get in your way." Tamaki smiled looking up at Kyouya, the other looked over at him and couldn't help but smile a little at his friend.

'Tamaki, you're always in my way, but it's not always a bad thing.' The brunet thought with a fondness for the other that could not be matched.