Promise

"Stiles what are you doing here?" I whispered.

"I heard the yelling when I got to my room and I saw what he did to you Grace..." he said as the tears streamed down his face.

"I'm fine Stiles it's okay." I sniffled.

"You are not fine Grace look at you...look what he did to you." He said as he walked to where I was.

"I just made him angry...I should have come home before curfew."

"Grace this isn't your fault he needs help."

"Stiles you can't tell anyone please don't say anything." I begged.

"How long has this been going on?" He asked.

"Since my mom passed away."

"We have to tell my dad!"

"Shhh! He'll hear you." I said as I cupped my hand over his mouth.

"Come home with me." Was all he said.

"Stiles I-"

"Please Grace that's the only way I'll know you're safe." He pleaded as he grabbed my hand.

"Okay just let me get dressed." I gave in not wanting to argue.

"Okay I'll go in the bathroom and you open the door when you're ready."

After I got dressed Stiles and I crawled out the window and went to his house.

"We can talk about it tomorrow... you take my bed and I'll sleep on the floor." He said as we walked in the room.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah go on."

I crawled into the bed while Stiles made his pallet on the floor after about ten minutes of silence I couldn't handle it I wanted Stiles close to me not sleeping on the floor.

"Stiles..." I spoke finally.

"Yeah?"

"I don't want you to sleep on the floor..."

"Grace I told you it was fine I -"

"No Stiles I want you to sleep in your bed...with me." I said interrupting him.

"Oh...are you sure?"

"I don't want to be on my own... can you just hold me please?" I asked my voice breaking.

"Yeah."

After a little bit I felt the bed shift so I turned over to face him.

"I just want to be with you right now I don't want to talk about anything that's happened tonight I just want you to hold me so I can sleep I don't want to be alone..." I said as I looked into his eyes.

"You're not alone I'm here." He said as he pulled me into his chest.

*********

The next morning when we woke up Stiles just laid there holding me...it was nice but it didn't last long. Stiles being the way he is had to talk about things.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Well I mean that's not exactly the first thing you tell someone about yourself especially when you've just met."

"We have to tell my dad..."

"Stiles no!"

"Why not?! I can't just sit back and let it happen if something happened to you and I didn't do anything to stop it I don't know how I would be able to live with myself!" He yelled back.

"I understand you're trying to help but please don't tell you dad..." I begged.

"Why won't you let me help you?"

"Because Stiles, where am I going to go I have no family here... I've already lost one parent I really don't want to lose another."

"Grace he beats you..."

"I know Stiles but he wasn't always like this besides he's still my dad and I'm going to love him no matter what....it can only get better from here ."

"How is it going to get any better Grace?"

"I don't know but I will get through to him one day."

"I hope you're right...."

"I hope I'm right too"

"Grace it killed me to see what he did you...promise me if it happens again you'll call me it doesn't matter how early or late it is just call me and I'll come over."

"Okay."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

"If it doesn't end soon I'm telling my dad Grace you're my friend and I can't stand to see you hurting."

"Okay Stiles..."

"I'm serious."

"I know."

"Don't hate me."

"I could never hate you Stiles."

"Good. So what do you ha-"

"Ugh!" He was cut off by his cell phone ringing.

From what I could hear it was Scott and from the facial expression on Stiles face it wasn't good.

"Grace I have to go..."

"Oh uh okay I'll just see you later."

"I'm really sorry I was going to ask if you wanted to hangout today but I can't now."

"It's okay maybe some other time..." I said as I walked out the front door.

"I swear I'll make up to you." He said giving me a kiss on the cheek causing me to blush a little.

"Promise?"

"Promise."

He said as he shut the door running to his Jeep as I crawled back in through my window.