Chapter 37

Wes's pov.

Today is the day! Ashley is sixteen! Last night once she fell asleep her parents and I had a 'meeting' about what to do for it. The plan was for her to go to scchool, where she is right now, then I will take her out while Drew, Keaton, her parents, and surprisingly Amber set up for a surprise birthday party. Only her closest friends will be their.

Right now I'm at the mall with Drew and Keaton looking for a birthday present. Yes I know, I'm a procrastinator but I haven't had the time to actually look for one. Plus it's New Hampshire, no taxes. Currently we are in Hot Topic for Drew.

"I think I'm gonna get her these baby gauges, she told me a while ago that she wanted them," He shows us some black and hot pink size 18 gauges.

"Why didn't she tell me that?" I ask.

"She didn't think you liked the idea of her getting them, but it doesn't matter what you think. She is still getting them from me." He goes up and pays. Ash already has pretty small earlobes, yes I've looked at her ear lobes, so she couldn't go up to a size that would not close back up.

"I'm okay with it, she will look really cute in them. We could get matching pairs," I tell them as we leave the store.

"Slow down bro, that's a little weird," Keaton laughs.

"What are you gonna get her?" I ask Keats.

"Probably a beanie, she said she wants one. It makes life simple," He says.

"I feel like you two know her more than me right now," We laugh.

"She told us this when you were being a bad boyfriend." Drew smiles.

"Shut the hell up," I mutter.

After walking around the mall for about another hour Keaton got Ash a pink beanie and a gray beanie. I still have nothing.

"Oh my god it's Emblem3!!" We hear a girl yell. We turn around and see people taking pictures of us and a bunch of girls. We smile and wave. I don't mean to be mean, but shouldn't they be in school?

"Hey everyone!" Keaton says to them.

"Shouldn't you all be in school?" I ask them while starting to sign things.

"School got out about half an hour ago." The girl I'm standing next to says. Oh crap.

"What school do you go to?" I ask

"The highschool," She says.

"In this town?" Please say no.

"Yeah, I'm in a class with Ashley. Let me guess, you're getting her birthday present?" She smirks.

"Maybe,"

"You might want to go home before you do, she mentioned to me that you promised you'd be home when she got home. She has been home for awhile now." She smiles and then walks away.

"I'm sorry everyone but we must go! I promised my princess that I'd be home when she gets home!" They 'aw', I'm sorry, we love you all!" I announce and they nod and take a few pictures of us when we leave.

We get into the car and Drew starts driving, We park in her driveway and we sit there for a moment.

"You still didn't get her a present, did you?" Drew asks.

"Nope." I pop the 'p' "I'm screwed."

"Yeah, let's go. You are already late," Keaton gets out of the car. Drew and I follow him and I run into her house like it's my own home.

"In her room," Mr.Chase tells me.

"Thanks C," he nods and I run up the stairs to her room, "hey baby" I see her on her bed doing her homework.