*Thirty-One*

"Opal?" You hear the whisper reaching out to you, the words tied into a rope that slithered around your ribs and squeezed, forcing all the air out from your lungs as your choked and scratched at your throat.

"Opal!" You heard yelling, screaming, crying as hands scratched all over your body and your cried in pain, struggling in your own prison, "Opal!" They screamed, and you rasped out a last breath before your eyes shot open and your lungs burned with ache.

Your eyes searched around quickly, sensing a familiarity with this place, this bed, this scent, and that was when you looked up.

Seeing the looming skeleton above you, you let out a yelp and sat up straight, kicking the covers off and falling to the floor, "Woah! You ok, doll?" The familiar voice raised your senses and you slowly peeked over the edge of the bed.

"G?" You breathed out, a genuine smile crossing your face, "G!" You cried out, basking in the joy as you jumped over the bed and into his arms.

He let out a grunt as he situated you onto his lap, your faces a mere inch apart as his dark orbs searched your body.

"Hi." You said, and he looked back up into your eyes, a light yellow dust crossing his cheekbones, "Hey." He rasped out, his deep and husky voice raising the hair on your neck.

"You're awake." He said, wrapping his arm around your waist and burying his face into your neck, "I'm awake?" You said, curiosity in your tone.

"Hon, you've been asleep for about three days, only now when you had that....nightmare attack heebie jeebie thing did you wake up." He said, smoothing your hair down across the forehead.

As those words connected in your brain, the scattered memories floating about in your mind drifted together, and you gasped as you remembered everything.

"Oh god," You said, crawling off G's lap and onto the bed. "Oh god." You said again, burying your face in your hands as tears slipped from your eyes, "Did I..?" Your question trailed off.

G let out a sigh as he lowered to his knees in front of you, taking your hands in his.

"His funeral is in two weeks." He said quietly, "You don't have to go."

"Oh god!" You cried, letting out a sob as you held G close, sinking to your knees as you both huddled on the floor.

"I....," You looked down at your hands, and quickly shoved G away. "Don't touch me!" You said, and G shot you a look of concern, "But, doll....," He said quietly and you leaned against the bed, tears running down your cheeks as you huddled your hands close to your ribs, "I don't wanna hurt you," You croaked out, your voice cracking.

"Babe, first of all, I'm a Skeleton, can't exactly get burned," He said, which made you let out a snort and smile, leaning your head onto his shoulder and letting out a loud sigh.

"HOLY SHIT," You both hear a yell from the doorway, and look up to see Cyndle with a look of shock on her face as she drops her glass of water, the water spreading and glass shattering as she steps over it and into your arms, "YOU'RE AWAKE." She screams, and you laugh as you hug her back.

"Ok, didn't I TELL YOU never to go out with Caben? I was right the whole time-" She ranted, and you covered her mouth and gave her a sheepish smile, "Could we maybe not talk about Caden?" You asked quietly, and Cyndle nodded as Sans wrapped an arm around her shoulder, "What's up, kiddo?" He said, slugging you in the shoulder as you grinned and punched him back.

You smiled.

"HUMANNNN," A loud and cheery voice yelled as you found yourself swept off your feet and into Papyrus's arms as he spun you around excitedly.

"H-hey, Papyrus." You said, smiling as you laughed in between your words.

Papyrus set you down as he let out a sigh, and by sigh I mean he says the word 'sigh' in an exaggerated voice.

"The great Papyrus is ashamed he was not there last night for your great entrance, he was with Mettaton, doing......things." He said, a mighty blush covering his cheeks as Sans perked up, "Thins? Whaddya mean things?" He said, as Papyrus shuffled his way out of the room as Sans walked after him, "PAPYRUS WHAT DO YOU MEAN."

You laughed as G wrapped his arm around you, looking into your eyes.

You felt tears spring into your eyes from the immense joy you were feeling, and you wiped them away as you laughed, taking G's hand.

You were home.

///this is literally just a filler chapter lmao all the cool technical explainin shit is in the next chapter whoopdeedoo///