*Twenty-One*

After your first kiss with G, you had gone on one last date with Caben to explain what had happened.

He had stomped off in a fit of rage, and you hadn't spoken to him since.

It had been 4 months, and you expected never to see him again.

Yet here he was, standing on your doorstep.

"H-hey." He mumbled, obviously shivering from the cold. He smiled sheepishly, rubbing his hands together.

"What are you doing here?" You asked, your voice quiet as you stepped out into the cold, closing the door behind you.

"I wanted to see you." He said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Caben, I remember you specifically saying you never wanted to see me again." You said, giving him a look of disbelief.

He seemed slightly annoyed and sighed, "Opal, that was a long time ago." He whispered.

"Well not long enough, get out of here." You answered, your voice firm.

You could tell he was slightly shocked at your reaction and his shoulders drooped.

"You and that thing, your still together?" He said, spitting out the word thing as if it was venom.

You cleared your throat.

"Me and that "thing" have been together for five months, and yet I haven't had any contact from you, and you show up on my doorstep and expect me to just throw away my life and run away with you?" You asked, not looking Caben in the eyes.

"Yeah but I didn't think you and the monster would still be together!" He seemed to realize what he said immediatly after he said it.

"Jeez, I'm sorry Opal-"

"Out." You said, your voice cold. "Now."

His eyes widened and his mouth opened as if he was going to say something, but he closed it and hesitantly turned away from you.

Looking back once, he walked away from you and your house.

You closed you eyes and inhaled, the frosty air nipping at your lungs and leaving a cloud of smoke when you exhaled.

Quick and slapping footsteps against the cement made you turn your head to see Caben running towards you, and before you could say anything, before you could react.

He had grabbed your wrist and crashed his lips onto yours.

And in that moment, the door swung open, G's standing form casting a shadow on the porch floor.

It took you a second to register what was happening, and you pushed Caben away, wiping your lips.

"G, I swear, nothing is going on-"

Caben interrupted you, "You don't have to lie to him, I know you like me."

You could see G getting upset, but it didn't seem like he could make out the words to express it.

He finally spoke, "What's going on?"

Caben spoke first, "She likes me, humans belong with humans, not monsters."

G yelled something incoherent at him, and their voices starting overlapping eacother, each trying to get their point across.

So you did what you had to do.

You punched Caben square in the jaw.