Arrival

The company I was being transferred to paid all the bills for my new apartment. On the contract they said they'll pay for the first 11 months before I'd have to figure out a way to pay myself. I thought only some schools done that for foreign teachers, not people who do business management on IT, so this was a shock and a great surprise to me. I had time to decorate and party, without having to pay home bills, which again was great! However as soon as I arrived the first thing I found out was, I wasn't sharing a flat apartment with any of my colleagues that I knew of. And if that wasn't a great disappointment, they- my colleges all shared the same apartment building; some even sharing the same flat. I was livid when I found out, because I did not know about this at all.

So these are the events that happened yesterday when I arrived:

• Landed in South Korea at 3AM (with colleagues)

• Our belongings were automatically taken from the plane and transferred to our apartments, so we didn't have to worry and wait for our suitcases. I did a whole check on the delivery people to see if they were dodgy or ok, and luckily they were ok and hired by our company.

• We all got a taxi (there were five of us, so three in one cab and two in the other) and went to this council office place to know where our apartments were located, also to collect our keys.

• The four found out what apartment block they all lived in, which was block B in some place just outside of Seoul. Whilst they were rejoicing I was waiting on my information, wondering which pair would I make a trio with.

• finally I was given my key and my information that said I was going to be placed in the middle of Seoul. I was shook/angered and kept on telling the secretary he made a mistake, or whoever gave him this false information made a mistake. I was almost ready to jump over the counter-desk to look for my actual papers. My colleagues realised I was arguing and stepped in, but ended up saying in the end, "I know it's sad that we're not all together, but at least your flat is closer to work and is bigger and more prettier, also you don't have to pay any bills for a year!" That got me mad, because it doesn't matter, at least they had each other, but then they said that we'll all still go out.

• I decided to not do something I'd regret and walked off, found a coffeeshop, drank something strong with heavy caffeine, before making my way to my new apartment. It was too early in the morning for this, but I was annoyed at everyone and didn't care. I know the company must have done this purposely, but why?

• When I unlocked the code for my flat my suitcases were all stacked up in the hallway. The hallway was surprisingly big. It also smelt like hot chocolate, pancakes and bacon. What did Koreans know about this?

• I was then surprised as I walked into the living/dining room area - which was colorful and beautiful by the way- to see two identical looking people on a large grey couch -which could fit about seven people-. They both had wrapped up gifts in their hands, with a smile on their faces. I greeting them with "좋은 아침, 나는 하내야 합니다! 잘 지냈어요?" (Good morning, my name is Hanaiya. How are you?) with a bow. They both got up to hug me.

"You're Korean is so good!" Said one of them.

"고마워요."(thank you) I Said. They were both around my height, maybe an inch taller or so.

"Oh we're good, we're just a little tired. We went party last night till early AM. We wanted to make you breakfast and prepare your gift." Said the the other guy.

"Aww there was no need." I accidentally pouted.
"애교!" (Cute) Clapped the one on my right.

"I'm Jonny and this is my younger brother Joe." Said Jonny on my right.

"I only younger by *gestured five with his hand* minute." Joe rolled his eyes.

"Here, take gifts, eat your breakfast and we will help with bags." Said Jonny. I was hungry so I didn't decline the demand.

..

The day went by with me unpacking and decorating my new room. The twins had work around midday, so they left me to it. They were chefs and are currently taking an apprenticeship to become masters at what they do. Before they left one cooked a savoury meal whilst the other baked something sweet for me. This was such a kind gesture. I shall repay them somehow.

Around 1PM I was finished everything, including having a shower.

I got into bed and slept.

Hours later I got out of bed due to a really loud noise. There best not be a party going on. I turned over to my alarm clock to check the time and it read 19:07. I was shocked that I slept six hours like that, but oh well.

A few minutes later I hear constant notifications coming from my laptop. I jumped out of this heavenly bed to check them. The emails were about work, but before I read I'll get myself a tea.

[please VOTE for support, COMMENT for feedback and SHARE as a favour!]