61. Only Felt

Allison Victoria
Crimsom

“Ah… ah cho!”

Of all the weather we could’ve had!

Huffing, my arms cross the front of my orange shirt.

It’s been almost half an hour since Ethan’s escaped from all of us-- and went to Lindsey. I’m just glad that he was seated right next to me, so kicking his foot under the table sent the signal well enough.

I just hope that Lindsey’s at least better now… and Dylan too…

My rigid arms start slumping, till the phone in my capris makes the latter vibrate.
I reach down a slick hand and put the index finger of my free hand at the corner of my lips.

I just texted Dad about all this, so who is it…

A sigh slips from me-- shoulders relaxing.

“Hey, how’s everybody there? Ethan told me all about the accident when I texted him.”

“We’re okay, I guess…”

“You?”

“I’m fine, Er.”

His reply almost immediately comes.
“You know Er sounds like you’re stuttering, right?”

Rolling my eyes, I text back,

“Says the person who suggested it.”

Imagining him holding his hands up and suppressing, he says,
“Just tell Ethan he doesn’t have to return the drumsticks I forgot at your home. I’ll use the ones from school.”

“Sure.”

My feet paddle a few steps forward-- as I’m about to put the phone.
But then the screen lights up.

“See you later, Allie.”

I almost bump into a nearby passer-by, both of us exchaging quick Sorrys with each other.
Smiling, the phone finds its way back into my pocket.

But then, my lips sink into my mouth, as I look around myself.

The hallway seems about the same-- with a mixture of marble and concrete and awareness posters with notices on the boards.

Though, the metallic-grey seats here tell another tale.

Great, I’m lost… again.

A ward comes in between before turning to the cafe, but that one has blue seats lined at the sides. Not grey ones. Another white door is at my side-- ajar. Shrugging at it, my feet feel determined to find the right way out.

That is, of course, till a voice of somebody new and familiar puts a break on them.

Checking around myself, another  belligerent-- but still low voice comes from within.

“You’re asking me how she is, Richard? She looks like it’s all her fault!” I lean in and see that the same grey haired-slim woman from before saying to a bald man on the bed. The man’s-- Richard-- focus is on her, while her back is in front of me.

She’s… she’s that woman who came with that guy. Mary, I think is the name.

Mary left the cafe shortly before Ethan went. The other guy, G... Gary stayed there with Mum and Dad.

Both of them saying that she’s Lindsey’s grandmother and Gary is her, Lindsey’s, Mum’s best friend.
The man lying on the bed-- the back of it pulled up-- waves his hands.
“Why would she-- Lindsey be guilty. It isn’t like she orchestrated this!”