28. Stained Glass

After Allison and Ethan phoned their parents by using our landline, we all go to my room.

It looks like we have a few hours of investigation, because it doesn't look like the rain is going to stop anytime soon.

Dylan had asked both of the cousins that he or Alfred could drop them off by car but they refused saying that this is a good oppurtunity to investigate.

Right now, as usual, Allison and I are sitting on my bed, and Dylan and Ethan on their separate chairs.

"So, do you know that we went to the cemetary to find Matthew Knightley's grave?" Ethan asks Dylan.

I think both of the cousins are gettimg much more easy with my brother, since whenever they had to ask a question like this one, they would ask if I've told Dylan.

I hope this remains this way because I was kind of getting tired being the interpretator.

"Yes, Lindsey told me while you two were in the bathrooms," Dylan replies.

"Well, that leaves less explanations for us." Allison grins.

"Did you guys meet any man there with a yellow rain coat and shaggy trousers?" Dylan asks.

The three of us nod our heads and I say,
"Gellert Palmer?"

"That's the one. I thought he might not have been very nice to you all," Dylan says.

"Yeah, he wasn't," Allison mumbles.

"Don't worry. I've been going there for years and he's still not nice to me, either." Dylan cracks a smile.

And in all the seven years that have passed, I only went to their graves thrice. The first time at their funeral, the second when I ran off there a month ago and third just yesterday. I just can't go to their graves without breaking down at the sight of them.

"Okay, back to the topic.
The death dates of both Henry and Matthew were smudged and Gellert Palmer said that he saw a brunette woman put an asphodel on Henry's grave," I say.

"Like I said, the death date shouldn't be smudged and I don't know what to make of this brunette-asphodel affair," Dylan says.

"I think we should take out the journal first and see what Henry says," Allison suggests.

I motion Ethan to take out the journal by study table drawer since he's the nearest to it.

He opens the drawer and hands me the journal.

I take it from his outstretched arm and open it to a blank page.

New words appear on the page as I say,
"Henry?"

"Yes, Lindsey?"

"We saw an asphodel on your grave by some brunette woman," I say.

"I have heard.
Who do you propose it is?"

I look up and ask everyone else but they just shrug. I mouth a 'thanks guys for no reason' and say,

"Meredith?"

"Perhaps, perhaps not."

"How can it be Meredith? Isn't she supposed to dead or something?" I say.

"That is for you all to investigate, is it not?"

I let out a groan and sigh loudly.

"That isn't helpful," I say.

"Seem may difficult but not you woe,
Find you will where your heart."