Bonus Chapter: For the First Time (Part II)

"So, let's start off with this question: what's your favourite flower? Mine's a crocus," Allison says.

Hm, I can actually imagine Allison liking crocuses the most. Crocuses mean cheerfulness, a sysnonym for Allison.

We'd decided that the questions will be asked and answered alphabetically. First Allison, then Ethan and last but not the least: me

"Ah, I'll go with a blue or purple hyacinth," he says before taking a gulp from his soda can.

Flowers have always been something that intrigue me. When I was little, I'd used to look up their meanings and symbolism in books or on the internet and Mum and I used to spend hours in the libaray, only reading about flower symbolism.

I never checked the symbolism for bluebells, though. I can't bring myself to do that, to know why my mum loved them so much. Bluebells were Mum and Dad's flower. I only remember it vaguely but Dad used to gift Mum those flowers on her birthday or anniversary. Mum did the same, as well.

If I remember correctly, hyacinths have two meanings. One meaning is that it means sincererity and one that it's used for apology.

Both of the cousins turn towards me, waiting for my answer.
"Bluebells."

Pretty obvious for the rest of you all, I'm sure.

Ethan's eyes widen and he chokes on his drink, pumping a hand to his chest. After some coughing and giggling from Allison, he shoots me a glare.

Huh?

"How'd you know?" he asks.

I perk my eyebrow up and say,
"How do I know what?"

His eyes flicker to Allison, who is laughing hard while clutching her stomach, and me.

He gets up from his position on the floor and moves towards the dustbin at the corner of the living room. He coughs again and says,
"N-nothing...."
He drops his can into the bin and returns to his seat, completely solemn but a little flustered.

"Stop laughing, Ethan B. Ingram..."

"O-okay!"

"Really, the 'B' card again?"

Ethan's middle name begins with a B and he started choking at the slightest of mention of bluebells. Does that mean...?

Oh God, Ethan's middle name is...
Bluebell...

His middle name is Bluebell...

That's kind of better than what I'd expected. I mean 'Bear', 'Bingo' and 'Bandanna' are kind of worse. Believe me, I've heard those names.

Ethan snaps his fingers infront of me, and makes come into the warm reality of sitting on a carpet at the Ingram household.

"Your turn?" Allison says to Ethan.

He looks a bit more composed than he was a few seconds before but still, he heaves a sigh as he says,
"Um, birthdays...?"

"Mine's on the fifteenth of February," I answer with a smile towards the flustered boy.

"Great, we missed your birthday!" Allison chants at my side, making me shake my head playfully.
I raise my brows at her, signalling her turn.
"Nineth of January."

I turn towards Ethan who says,
"My parents started their New Year with a bang. Guess."

Bang... New Year...
Oh... September.

"Answer clearly or else I'll shove my sketch book down your nostril, Ethaniel."

I suppress a chortle, while Ethan puts a hand on his chest.
"Blame the internet for the corruption, Als. And how can you shove a sketch down a nostril?" He looks at Allison's glare and quickly says,
"Twenty-third September, but 1999."