Goodbye (8)

Fong could see the blazing fire as he rode towards it from far away.  The fire was so big, that with his distance away from the fire that lit up the sky, he knew deep inside it came from the direction of his sister and father.  The doctor he finally found, was left behind as Fong rode the horse faster and faster towards the burning sky. 

----------------

The Goryo had taken over Hongmo when Vixen and BP died.  The dart that was thrown at them was poisoned with a quick reacting poison that didn't give Hongmo a chance to check which poison was used and what antidote could be used to save them.  Upon seeing BP and Vixen's lips turn purple and they breath out their last breath along with the baby within Vixen's hands, the Goryo took over in rage.  

Scooping up the baby within her arms, the Goryo parted on to the girl a strand of the Goryo's life force.  Forever tying the baby girl's fate and the Goryo's fate.  The Goryo pushed it's life force into the baby and when the baby girl took her second chance breath, the Goryo tucked the sleeping girl into her body, shielding the small body away from danger.  

"Kneel!" Asano said as he watched Hongmo's back as she held onto the dead baby in her arms.  

Everyone slowly knelt as they watched soldiers come in pairs to tie Nightmare and Doc up.  As for General Lei, two guards came to stand beside General Lei, but did not take him into their custody.   

"I received your messages and thought you would need help."  Asano said as he stopped in front of General Lei.  "It seems what you said in them were truth and not lies."  

"This General would never betray my King."  General Lei said with conviction.  "We caught up with the fugitives when Vixen went into labor.  They agreed to let us capture them, if the child was safely delivered. So I sent General Fong to find a Doctor."  

Asano watched General Lei for a long time.  The silence descended upon them as Asano was trying to decide if he was telling the truth or if it was a lie.  

"Very well done.  General."  Asano said as he turned to Hongmo.  He made his way towards his Bastard brother, feeling his neck for a pulse and when he found none.  He did the same to Vixen, making sure they were dead.   

"I guess the poison I chose from your estate was the correct poison to choose from."  Asano said.  "Very effective."  

Asano's hand came towards Hongmo's deathly still body to touch the baby to make sure she was dead as well, but before his hand could even touch Lihua.  A bright light flashed then quickly disappeared as Asano's detached hand fell down to the ground.  Blood sprayed on to Hongmo and Lihua as everyone froze with surprise.  

Asano was too surprise to feel the pain of his lost hand.  His Hongmo actually attacked him.  Hongmo, who held the largest part of his heart, actually lifted a sword against him.  Because of a child?  His heart ached and hurt more than his missing limb. 

"I've always gone by simple rules."  The Goryo's voice mixed with Hongmo's as she spoke.  "A life for a life.  And if you mess with me and mine, I'll pay you back ten fold." 

In a flash, the Goryo's wings opened up and flew toward the 100 soldiers, first killing the four men who held swords at Nightmare and Doc's neck.  All they could see is a blur of a body pass by the six men, and when the blur passed by them, blood sprayed out as their heads fell down to the ground.  Leaving the two captives alive and well.  The rope that was used to tie them were cut through swiftly and also fell down to the ground.  

The blur's next target was the 96 men who Asano brought with him.  The Goryo quickly made contact with the men and they all slowly, but surely died at the hands of the Goryo.  The Goryo sucked their souls along the way and made her more thirsty with power.  She was drunk on their souls and only stopped when the last soldier fell to the ground.  They never had a chance at fighting back.  They could only stare in horror as the blur killed their comrade in front of them and the moment their comrade's head hit the ground, the blur had already passed by them and their death was sealed.  

The torches that they held in their hands landed on the ground.  The ground caught fire and slowly spread as the four men watch the deaths of the soldiers before them.  Hongmo walked out of the fire, with the baby girl still tucked in tightly within her left arm.  No harm had come to the baby and she slept quietly as if nothing around her was burning and no one laid dead on the bloody ground.  

"You should have just let them go. You already have the throne, why couldn't you let them live?"  Hongmo told Asano as she walked slowly towards him.  "With your death, our ties are severed forever.  Our past would be nothing, but a passing memory." 

"Hong-" Asano began to say.  But Hongmo didn't let him finish.  A bright white light shined from Hongmo to Asano.  It passed through his body and blood spayed behind him.  A sword could be seen through his stomach and with a flick of Hongmo's wrist the sword moved right, cutting his body in two.  

"The only way this child will live, is if you die."  Hongmo said as she walked over to his body .  Although his body was almost severed in half and his blood soaked the grass underneath him.  There was still light in his eyes that desperately held on to his life.  Hongmo stared into his eyes until the light disappeared.  

General Lei came beside Hongmo and picked up Vixen while Doc picked up BP and Nightmare picked up Asano.  The three of them quickly tied the three dead bodies on horses.  Doc and General Lei rode on their own horses, while Hongmo rode in front of Nightmare.  The three of them rode towards the direction that Fong left earlier, hoping to meet him on the way.  

Half an hour later, Fong could see the six horses, but only four riders making their way towards him.  His heart sank as he stopped to see his sister's lifeless body drape over the horse.  

"Ride."  General Lei shouted.  "We need to get as far from this place as we can. Ride, Fong, ride."