Lost ~ 1

Have you ever wondered what it's like to be without the person or the people you love more than anything? Well, I do and I've lost them. My Mom, Dad and Brother, all gone and it's my fault. Why you ask? Here's why

~Flashback~

I was coming home from school after a long, horrible day and as I approached the front door, I heard

"Don't Move or I'll shoot"

I was terrified for my family's lives that I stood frozen then I heard 3 gun shots. When the place was as silent as a mouse, I walked into the living room and saw My Parents and Brother lifeless bodies drained with blood. I instantly fell to hard ground and burried my face in my hands and tears rushed to my eyes taking out the clear sight of what I'm seeing. I just wanted the pain to stop. I never even got to say goodbye and all I did was yell at them 24/7.

~End Of Flashback~

Even today, I'm filled with regret about no telling them I love them. I now live in the house by myself and even though, it gets a bit lonely, I spend most of my time in my room. I just can't believe that a few weeks ago this happened and in a few minutes, I'm having to move into a foster home until they find a home for me.  I've only got three more things to pack and that's my wash gear, make up bag and my picture frames of me with my family. Just remembering then brought tears to my eyes. Why couldn't it have been me as well? I finished up packing then I stood in my empty room, took a deep breath and looked around one last time.

I whispered "Goodbye room"

I picked up my suitcase, closed the door then looked at my brother's room only to remember that their clothes got donated and their other bits and pieces got boxed up and sent to my aunt's house. She would have me stay with her but her place is full as she's got 5 children. Anyway, I made my way downstairs and right on time, a car pulled up and my social worker came and took me to the car. I just can believe I'm leaving my childhood home and that it's getting sold. She helped me place my case in the trunk of the car then I hoped into the back seat just staring at the view at last time. The drive felt like it went on for days but in actual fact, it went on for a few hours. We soon arrived and it didn't look like how I imagined it, in fact, it looked like a mansion. The inside was a lot bigger and kids around my age were staring which sent uncomfortable shivers down my bony spine.

Jenifer, my social worker, showed me around then she spoke "Everyone, this is Ellie Michaels and she'll be staying with us for a while so make her feel welcome"

She then showed me to my new room and it was a lot bigger than my old room. It had a double bed, hardwood wardrobe, white, bedside tables, white and black lamps, black and white checked floor, white, oak chester drawers with a small TV attached to my wall, a cozy, frabricated foot stool and it even has a on suite. I was speechless and just amazed at the view. I placed my case down and hugged Jennifer.

She spoke "Dinner is in 10 so unpack,explore or do whatever"

I nodded then she leaved me alone so this time to unpack everything and once I finished, I headed downstairs and grabbed a bite to eat as it was time to eat. I sat next to a 5'7 girl who had golden, brown hair and milk chocolate, brown eyes. She looked roughly around my age and I wonder why she's here.

I asked "Excuse me, Why are you here?"

She replied with "My Parents abandoned me at age 10. I'm now 14 and I'm Kylie by the way"

I responded with "Hello Kylie, I'm Ellie and I'm sorry to hear that"

She then questioned "Why are you here Ellie?"

I answered with "M-My Parents, Brother all got murdered a few weeks ago"

Everyone became silent then I had to excuse myself from the table. As I got up, wet, salty tears poured from my eyes getting heavier each time. When I was in my room, I closed the door shut and sat behind it engulfing myself in tears and the memory of that day repeating over and over again in my mind like a broken record. I just wish it didn't have to be this hard.