"Nothing, I was just thinking whether it's worth giving up those heartless hunters or stay here with Eric." I whispered, but loud enough for him to hear.

"Well, wanna hear an advice?"

I thought for a second and nodded, feeling curious.

"Alright. Well if you continued hunting those other hunters, what good will that bring you? You haven't seen your most of your family for a long time, how will you know if they're safe? You just ran out of your home searching for these people to try and protect your family, but how are you sure that you are? It's hard to track them down if they're getting groups. While they're getting groups some might've tried going to your family. But where were you when they needed you?" He paused and I looked into his eyes to see a hint of sadness.

"Look Jay, you've been gone for so long. Your family suffered a great deal after losing you, mostly Eric. Dude barely slept and ate at all. But really though Jay, in all seriousness, you should really stay. After all, you're here already. You need this. I may not know what you've been through throughout those 8 years, but it beats killing them. I dislike hunters, but they also have a family. Stop focusing on that hate. Your parents death was sudden, but they did that to protect you for the right reasons. Im pretty sure your parents wouldn't wanna see you suffer like this. You're wasting your whole life for those people who don't deserve your time. The ones who killed your parents already died, if they survived then they could've died some other day. What else would you be chasing in the end? You'll just miss out on the happiness you've been given. We're here protecting your family. We'll also be here for you. Protecting you. You're part of this family and I won't let anyone say other wise. But it's your choice if you'd want to be in it."

I was beyond speechless with everything he's told me.

All this time, what if I wasn't really protecting them? Instead of protecting them, I seem to put them in danger. I never really seem to think everything through because I was just a child back then. I didn't know better.

"Maybe you're right. " I whispered and sighed, covering my face knowing my mistakes. I don't even know if I'd listen.

I felt his arms wrapped around me, giving me such a comforting hug. I hugged him back and buried my face on his neck trying not to cry.

But instead, when I inhaled his scent, it made me calm down. I felt his hand rubbing my back and I peeked over his shoulders to see the moon shining down on us.

"Why are you being so nice to me?" I said with a crack voice.

"What made you ask that?" He mumbled.

"Everyone else was angry in the beginning, even Pia was that mad until she realized I wasn't like the rest. But you just saw me and all of a sudden you're just nice to me. Why?" I pulled away from the hug and looked at him curiously.

He looked at me for a brief moment and began to explain.

"You just seemed kind. I didn't know you completely, I still don't, but I'm working on that. I'm not entirely sure, but hearing your past story said a lot. Eric would tell us how you were and what you were like as a child. You seem to still be the same except less lively, but you seem to look the same?"

I laughed, "of course Eric would say that. Really though, I don't know about you either? All I know is your name, Steven."

He laughed with me, "wanna get to know me right now?"

I gave a smile at me and nodded, "I would love to."

He smiled back and leaned his back on the other pillar. He looked at me and thought for awhile.

"I love books, run, eat, favorite number is 17, favorite month June because of how summer starts, watching horror movies, love my family, wrestling with the guys, and my favorite food is lasagna. I'm Eric's third in command, my parents are Eric's parents best friends with my dad also being the third in command. And..." he looked at me carefully and stared into my eyes.

"My favorite color is brown."
_________

Awwww how cute is that! Steven is such a sweetheart though haha :3 Wonder what Steven's true feeling or thought about Jay? But hey a lot happened.

I'm sorry if I don't update right away like I usually do, summers over for this gal.. Sadly, but I hope you guys are having a good day and you're enjoying my story :) Thank you guys too for all the following, liking, commenting, and reading this! I appreciate it soo much! :)