pride

this is from another prompt i got last week! hopefully you like it! (:

"Baaaaabe," Ashley drawls out while poking her head into the bathroom. "Hurry up! We're gonna be late to the parade."

You nod, careful to avoid poking yourself in the face with the mascara wand in hand. "Give me like three minutes, Ash. Is everyone else ready?"

"Yeah, pretty much. They're down in the lobby right now waiting for us."

The entire morning has been a flurry of shouting between the bathroom and bedroom area of your shared hotel suite in search of missing outfit pieces, various beauty products, and countdowns for time warnings. (None of this would even be necessary if Ashley hadn't woken you up in a suggestive manner that was thoroughly unexpected but very much welcome.) But, you both also know it's because the two of you are excited and anxious to experience your first pride parade together. And with friends, but the fact that your girlfriend will be with you the entire day puts a dopey grin on your face and releases butterflies in the pit of your stomach.

"Okay, okay. I'm ready!" You emerge from bathroom with your makeup and outfit finally done and Ashley grabs your hand, shoving you through the door and draping a pride flag over your shoulders.

"Let's gooooooooo!" She shouts and charges to the elevator with her fist up and a wide grin on her face. It doesn't show up right when she pushes the button. "But first, we wait." You laugh at the dork in front of you, which finally slows her down enough to look at you for what feels like only the second time this morning. It's alarming how much you missed her touch and gentle eyes even when you've been orbiting each other all morning. "Hi, baby. Happy Pride! You look beautiful today." She tells you while sidling closer then wrapping an arm around your waist. "Did I tell you that yet?"

A blush creeps up the back of your neck. "Happy Pride, Ash. You look gorgeous too." The singer leans in to place a sweet kiss on the corner of your mouth. "I love you."

The elevator dings. "Perfect timing. I love you too."

It's overwhelming to say the least. The streets are crowded, it's hot, it's loud, and there are so many people and rainbows and flags. Hope and happiness and kindness and excitement are palpable along with the buzzing energy. When combined, the feelings leave you giddy in a way that you've never felt before.

All of this feels even better with Ashley beside you, practically bouncing around and smiling nonstop. The entire group is excited. Plus, everyone is a little tipsy and loose because the bar just down the street from the hotel had a sinfully good special on its fruitiest drinks and shots for today.

You're happy in a way you don't recall feeling, ever.

"Ash! Look!" Payton calls out, "Look at that humongous flag!"

The two of you look up to see a bisexual pride flag draped over the side of a building, bigger than any flag you've ever seen in your life.

"I'M A PROUD BISEXUAL!" The singer shouts up toward the building and the people within hearing distance shout out versions of, "Me too!", "Yas queen!", and "Fuck yeah!" in response. You're pretty sure you hear someone that passes quickly on the sidewalk say, "I think that was Halsey?"

"Babe, babe, shout with me! It's fun!"

"I'M A PROUD PANSEXUAL!!" You yell at the top of you lungs. More people call affirmative responses and cheer.