toast

A bright light shines through the bedroom window, agitating your sleepy eyes and making you groan. You bury your head into what should be Ashley's shoulder only to be met with nothing and you end up face planting on the soft down comforter.

"Urrrrgh," you groan and look around with bleary eyes. Ashley is never up before you. The clock on your bedside table reads 7:59 AM. "What the fuck?" You mutter while throwing the comforter off of your body. A shiver runs down your spine at the sudden change in temperature and almost sends you back to where you just arose from but you keep going, grabbing a discarded hoodie and putting on some clean underwear.

Once you make it into the hallway, it's apparent that Ashley is very much awake and ready for the day. Her soft voice ebbs and flows down to you and the smell of french toast wafts along after it. You smile sleepily and follow these signs to where your girlfriend is currently cooking.

When you can finally see her, she's standing at the stove making breakfast. The singer's short blonde hair is messy and still looks wet from her shower, the black jeans she has on are tight and hug her in all the right places, and her back, bare aside from a bra, ripples and moves with her as she flips the pieces of french toast.

You stand there and take her in. It's not often that she's up before you, let alone up before you and cooking breakfast. The domestic look suits her in this moment where she's half ready and taking her time because she's finally free of commitments and has nothing but time for the next two months before it all starts back up again. A dreamy sigh leaves you before you decide to make your presence known.

"Well, you're up early."

She turns away from the stove and smiles at you. "I guess I am. Or maybe you're up late?" She teases while waving the spatula at you to motion you closer. "C'mere. I'm making your favorite."

Padding gently to her, you rest your head on her shoulder. "Mmm," you hum while she puts another slice in the pan. "You and the food smell so good...You've already showered." You point out.

"Yeah, I figured we could have like a day out or something. We don't get to do it too often. Obviously, we don't have to if you don't want. But I figured you might wanna mess around at the museum and try that new burger place for lunch or dinner."

"I'd like that." You whisper and peck her jaw innocently. "How long until it's ready?"

"Eh, five or so minutes. Grab the plates and maybe make some chocolate milk for us." She tells you before turning her attention to the food on the stove.