A Night In

"Hey, Y/N!" Your girlfriend yells from somewhere upstairs, probably her music room slash office.

You put down your phone and walk upstairs lethargically. "What's up, babe?"

"Shep and a bunch of others just invited me out and wanted to know if you wanna come too? I think they're going to one of the strip clubs or Bootsy Bellows. I'm not for sure though." Ashley says while still looking at her phone. Her incoming text tone chimes. "Yeah, they wanna do both. What do you think?"

You sigh and shrug, scratching the back of your neck. "I dunno, Ash. I really, really just wanted to stay in tonight. I'm fucking exhausted. You go and have fun, though. I'll just order in and hang out."

This week at work had been hard on you, turns out becoming a lawyer involved a lot of bullshit work for the first year and a half. Because of that, the California king bed that you and Ashley share has been calling your name since you walked in the door an hour ago. The last thing you want to do is go sit around at a loud club with the stench of alcohol and smoke, half-naked girls parading around.

Ashley walks over to you with a frown on her lips and a sympathetic look in her eyes. "You sure?"

"I'm positive."

She wraps her arms around you and rests her head on your shoulder. "Maybe I'll just stay in with you. We really haven't seen each other much this week, have we?"

"Nope, we really haven't. Your studio sessions and my asshole bosses have not been kind to us."

"You're right. Then it's settled, we'll stay in tonight. How does Netflix, cheap wine, weed, sex, and pizza sound?"

"Pepperoni and Moscato?" You ask and she nods her head firmly. You're not sure if you've ever loved the woman in your arms more than this moment. "God, I love you." You tell her and give her a long kiss.