Chapter twelve

A sigh escaped the blonde's plum pink lips as she stepped outside of her house. Closing the front door behind her she walked towards the street and tapped her feet while waiting for her ride.

Lucy: "Where is he?"

She asked in annoyed tone. Lucy was now waiting for Natsu to pick her up. He insisted on her coming to his soccer practice today so she could see his 'skills' and even though she had rather stayed sleeping, she had to go. Not disobeying his orders she reluctantly agreed and that is the reason to why she was now waiting outside.

Suddenly a bright yellow Pontiac slowly drove down the street and stop right where she was. A confused expression was now on Lucy's face as the dark tinted windshield rolled down. A familiar face then spoke up.

Gray: "Get in, I'll give you a ride."

Lucy: "Thanks but Natsu is coming to pick me up any minute."

She kindly rejected his offer with truth.

Gray: "He had some sort of emergency and asked me to pick you up."

Lucy: "Are you kidding me?"

Gray: "He'll meet up with us later."

The raven haired boy finished explaining as he opened the lock on the passenger door. A vein slightly popped on the side of the blonde's forehead while she tried her best to not let her temper get the best of her.

He practically forces me to go against my will and now he can't even pick me up? I'm going to strangle him... Lucy thought to herself while walking towards the car. Opening the passenger door she then got in while saying...

Lucy: "The nerve of that guy... I mean seriously don't you guys get tired of him always being late?"

Gray: "Well he's usually never late. He's mostly a no show."

Lucy: "And how does that make it better?"

She questions while her left eyebrow raised instinctually. A shrug came from the boy next to her before he drove off to the school with her.

Gray: "It doesn't but at least he makes up for it at the games."

Lucy: "I see."

Gray: "It's kinda weird that he wanted you to come to this practice."

He said to her, causing the blonde to tilt her head to her side. She didn't completely understand his comment. Wasn't it normal for the guys to bring girl to watch them in their practices?

Lucy: "Why? Is this practice special or something?"

Gray: "No, it's just another regular sweaty practice."

Lucy: "...great."

Her voice ranged with sarcasm as she slouched down and hung her head. Could this day get any worse then it already was or was she going to have an extremely tough day today?

Gray: "But what I meant was that he never bothers to show up so why now? And especially with you?"

Lucy: "Isn't it normal to bring girls to your guys practice?"

She asked while watching him drive.

Gray: "It's not that. Sure, we sometimes bring girls but he doesn't care about bringing someone. When he shows up its just to blow off some steam."