"Ashton watch where you're going" I heard someone mumble. Behind me.

"Yeah you almost knocked the daylights out of the new kid" Another voice joining the conversation.

The first voice I recognised from my maths class this morning just not the other two.

"Here?" He extended his hand helping me up.

"Sorry man" The mans grasp was firm. His eye contact was impeccable so I avoided it and walked away.

"It's fine..." I shout back but the guy I knew as Ashton quickly stopped me.

"Hey—!. I heard coach asking if you were going to join the cross country club. I mean you were sprinting Like mad today!" He seemed enthusiastic as he jogged towards me. And I knew he was trying to become friends, but I had to also let him down and his friends who were trailing behind. I wasn't looking for friends in a place where I was going to move in a year to go to college.

"Thanks—I guess...?"

"No really. You should" both the other boys nod their heads.

"Well I have other things,so I can't exactly focus on extra curricular activities"I bit my lip walking inside to the locker rooms. The three boys closely trailing behind.

"Suit yourself—" He backed up giving me a smirk before leaving with his two other friends.

This day was very strange.

--

Now break and I had no one to talk to. But that didn't bother me. What bothered me was that there was no signal in the school so I couldn't catch up on one of my favourite YouTubers.

"Hey Luke"a voice called.

And I knew who it was. I was trying my best to keep my composure, but I was just not wanting the company.

"You know my friends, this is Michael and this is Calum" Ashton had pointed to the one with blonde hair as Michael and the other with dark curly hair as Calum.

"Yeah?"

"What's wrong, you look like you just ate some of the schools food" He laughed.

"No-just there's no signal here?" I knew I wasn't going to befriend the only happy people who just kept running into me I might as well ask them about the school wifi?.

"Ah—allow me. You need the code. So lucky for you I am the head of the pupil council so I do have it. But—"

"—But what?" Is this dude joking. I thought he was a don't worry about it sort of guy.

"But you have to join the cross country club?" He smiled evilly.

I hate this dude. He was very manipulative.

"I don't think the codes worth that much, so it's going to have to be a no"I got up from the metal seat and made my way to the front of the school sitting down on the concrete wall to wait out the fifteen minutes of break we were given.