14.

Kellin

Have you ever met anyone who is absolutely perfect in every single way? So perfect that they even make Mary Poppins herself seem flawed in comparison? I had never met someone like that. Not until I started dating Vic. He's perfect, so kind and sweet, he accepted me for who I am, he treated me like royalty and I was crazy about him. I always knew that he was absolutely amazing. But, once I started dating him, I knew that he was perfect.

He was the kind of guy I wanted to be by my side when I went to the Grammys, the kind of guy I was going to show off to every single person I came in contact with. I also knew though, the paparazzi were going to watch our every move. We were the perfect couple and they were going to try and find a fault in it one way or another. It was just a part of the fame and we'd get through it but, it'd still be a pain in the ass.

Vic smiled at me as we left the school hand in hand.

"So, do you like soup?" He asked me, working to make conversation. I hummed in response, my mind elsewhere. I just didn't understand, couldn't wrap my mind around it, why were people such assholes? The had accepted me only days prior, but it was as though, once they saw what was under my clothes, it just changed completely. "Kells? Are you alright?" Vic asked me quietly once we got to his car. I bit my lip and nodded, tears threatening to spill over as I held my lip back to keep it from quivering.

He gave me an unconvinced look.

"Hey," he whispered, his free hand cupping my face. "I know that we literally just got together but, you can talk to me. I'm your boyfriend Sweetheart, that's what I'm here for. To take care of you and be here for you." Vic informed me, still speaking in a quiet manner as though he was scared that if he spoke louder he'd scare me off. And as soon as he said the words it was almost instantly, like someone had knocked over a glass, the tears poured through and Vic wrapped his arms around my waist as I buried my face in his shoulder.

"I-I'm sorry," I whimpered, his hand moving up and down my back slowly. I didn't want to cry, especially in front of Vic. For god's sake we just started dating and here I was a day later, crying like a damn baby.

"Don't apologize, I understand. It's been a really hard two days and I probably haven't been helping you very much and I get it if you want to wait a while before we get super seriously." He said in my ear and I shook my head, trying to stop crying but the tears just wouldn't quit. My stepfamily had put me through so much hell and this, this was crossing the line. They could go to jail for what they did but, I was better than that. I wanted to show that I, unlike them, I could take the higher road and I felt like going to the principal to "tattle" was just stooping to their level. Yes, what they did hurt me in more ways than I could even explain but, with the help of Justin and Vic, I'd get over it.

"I don't want that," I finally whispered. "I probably sound like a goofy thirteen year old but, I've had a crush on you for years now. A-and this is every single thing I could want. I mean, not people seeing my nudes but, you know what I mean," I laughed, pulling away from him and Vic smiled as he wiped my eyes for me.

"I've had a crush on you for a while now too," he responded. "You're too pretty for all these tears."

I choked out a laugh and wiped my face with my arm even more, "I probably look terrible right now."

The dancer laughed and shook his head, a small smile on his face, "Nah, even with a blotchy face, you're the prettiest boy I've ever met." He said and gave me a long, drawn out kiss.

I smiled against his lips, and pulled away, "You're too good for me."

Vic chuckled and ran his fingers through my hair slowly, "Oh, I don't know about that. Now, how about we go to that soup shop?"

"Please? I'm honestly starving, besides what's better than eating away my feelings?" I said with a giggle and gave my boyfriend another kiss.

"That sounds absolutely wonderful," he said with a laugh of his own and opened the passenger door for me.

"What a gentleman," I remarked and got in the car, Vic kissed my temple before he moved around and got in the car on the driver's seat.

"Well, my mama raised me right," he said.

I nodded and gingerly too his hand in mine, scared that he would pull away but, thankfully he didn't. Instead, he squeezed it tight and used his other hand to change gears and drove out of the school parking lot. I looked down at our hands and smiled at the contrast between them.

"So, you play piano?" He questioned.

"Not for a couple of years, how'd you know?" I asked curiously, shocked that he could tell.

"You have pianist hands, long and slim fingers that can reach the keys, the way they move, you look like you're playing piano in the air," he said. "I's a common trait that I've come to notice. It's like a dancer's feet really, they sort of, I guess shift as you dance. Get a little wider if that makes any sense whatsoever."

I nodded, "That's really cool."

"Yeah well, I'm really cool." He remarked, flipping his hair dramatically.

I laughed and kissed the back of his hand, my god, I couldn't stop laughing around Vic, nor could I seem to be able to stop laughing. "You are really cool." I informed him. "Really cool and really cute."

Vic nodded in agreement and the two of us continued talking about different things up until we got to the soup shop.

"Are you vegetarian or are you vegan?" He questioned.

"Vegetarian. Or at least I try to be, I'm not the absolute best at it," I informed him as we walked inside the shop. "Sometimes I may or may not cheat."

"I am very disappointed in you then."

I let out a dramatic sigh, "I know, I'm a terrible person but I can't help it! I mean, I stay away from beef altogether, that shit's taboo but... I like bacon." I said in a small voice, blushing just a bit.

"Wait, what do you mean it's taboo? I thought they were sacred?" Vic asked, raising his eyebrows as we went up to the stand and he ordered for the both of us. "By the way, you're going to love this soup. Trust me."

I nodded and let him order, "An ancient Vedic scripture says, "There is no sin in eating meat... but abstention brings great rewards. Which is why I'm vegetarian but, the thing about cows it's just a long story and stuff. I'll tell you one day." I said as we got our cups of soup and some drinks and sat down. I grabbed my spoon and took a bit of my soup and nearly moaned, it was so delicious.

"Good huh?" Vic asked, looking over at me as he lifted his own spoon.

I nodded and took another bite, "Delicious."

"I like to consider myself a purveyor of soups," he said in a proud voice. "I'm more than just a dancer you know."

I nodded, "I would say you're a lot more than just a dancer."

"I am, you'll learn that I happen to be a jack of all trades. Now, tell me about cows," he pushed, wanting to know more.

With a small smile on my face I did just that, telling him as much as I could about Hinduism and which parts I practiced. What made me happy about it though, was that unlike most people who just nodded along and acted like they were interested, Vic was truly intrigued. He nodded along and asked questions, he really wanted to know more about it and he even asked questions about it. I know he was doing it mainly to keep me from thinking about what happened but the fact that he was also, very interested, it just made me like this perfect boy even more.