7.

Vic

I smiled as I read over the song lyrics slowly, they were honestly, absolutely amazing. The way they flowed from the screen was indescribable, the emotion that was put in the lyrics was breathtaking. The more I read, I knew they were meant to be song lyrics and I wanted to find the writer, my mystery dancer.

"A piece of the world was mine," I read quietly. "After our time has passed..."

I finished reading over the untitled song and smiled, it was so shocking how talented my mystery dancer was. I mean, when I was dancing with them, I knew there was a spark between us. Instantly, I just knew that even without seeing their face that they were beautiful, they were amazingly talented, that was obvious. And oh my God, the sound of their laugh, and just their voice in general, it was perfect.

They were perfect.

I wanted to know their name so bad! I sighed and chose a new note that had three lines on it, but the three lines were simply amazing and I just... I had it so bad.

I needed to find my dancer; that was for sure. And the more I thought about it, the more determined I got. And then it hit me.

I knew how to find my dancer.

I got off of the living room couch and went upstairs to my father's office. These were the kind of songs that needed to be heard by everyone. It was just what Rise Records needed too. I knocked on the door once before letting myself in, my dad looked up and shot me a smile as I fell into a chair in front of his desk.

"Hey son, what can I do for you?" He asked, taking off his reading glasses. My father and I had an interesting relationship. We didn't hate each other or anything like that, it was more like we were both too busy to really see one another.

My father's record company was his baby, there were often times where Mike and I joked that he loved his company more than he loved his family. He was constantly working and I pretty much lived either at the dance studio or Lynn's house.

I smiled at my dad and set the iPod on his desk in front of him.

"This right here, this is what your label needs," I told him, leaning back in my seat.

My dad arched his eyebrows, "An iPod is what I need?"

"More like what's on the iPod," I corrected, a grin growing on my face. "Unlock it, there's no passcode."

He did as I advised and frowned slightly before going to one of the notes, putting his glasses back on as he read.

"Oh I like this," he murmured.

"Which one are you reading?"

"The one where it says "there's a fire in this November sky," it's really great," he informed me.

I nodded, "It's not finished yet, I don't think any of them are really finished except for like one. But, hopefully I'm going to find the writer so they can finish them."

"That's great but, why are you showing me these exactly?"

"Because, last time we spoke you said that Rise was looking for something new and I think that could be it." I told him, "And before you ask, no I don't know who the writer is and I don't know what they sound like. But, I'll find out when I find them."

"And if they don't sing?"

I stopped for a second, I didn't even think about that. I frowned and racked my brain for a few moments when I got it, "Lynn's stepsibling is, from what I've been told, an amazing singer. They could probably do it!"

"Alright, if you can find the writer and see if they're interested, we'll go from there and see what happens," My dad said finally and handed me the iPod. "Now, catch me up on things."