13.

Kellin

Eleanor Roosevelt said: Life is what you make it. Always has been, always will be.

I don't think that woman knew just how right she was, all my life I had known that if I wanted to be the star I knew that I was meant to be, I'd have to work my ass off to do it. My life is in my hands and if I want to be great, it's up to me to make it happen. But, it was always harder said than done. I've gotten scared, I've wanted to give up- God there were times where I just wanted to curl up in a ball and cry because I thought I'd just be no one for the rest of my life and I knew, I knew that wasn't the life for me.

Vic says that I'm worth so much more than I can ever dream, we've only even been together a day but I already believe every single word he says.

That's probably stupid, but I can't help it.

I'm already crazy about this boy, I have been for years and knowing he felt the same well, it's amazing.

I'll admit, he's no Liam Hemsworth.

He's a lot better and he's going to help me make my life.

"Vic I don't want to go," I said quietly, staring at the school in front of us. I didn't go back to school the day before, I was too humiliated, and instead, Vic and I just laid in my bed and talked to one another. Got to know each other.

It was amazing.

Vic was so much sweeter than I had initially thought, something I didn't even know was possible but it was. He was a total sweetheart.

"It's okay, we don't have to go in," he said quietly. "We can go to my house and talk or do whatever you want."

I bit my lip and shook my head a little, "No, I need to go in and show that they didn't hurt me." I said, looking down at my hands, twisting one of my rings around my finger slightly before Vic took one of them in his.

"Kells, they did hurt you and it's okay if you want to be hurt about it-"

"No, that's not who I am Vic. I don't just lie down and let bad shit happen to me, I suck it up and I keep going. That's what I've done for years and I'm going to keep doing it too." I said stubbornly and got out of his car. Vic had insisted that he was going to drive me to school today, that it was something good boyfriends did. I had laughed but let him do it nonetheless after how he went on this long tangent about how he refused to let chivalry be dead.

"Sweetie, I totally get that but just promise you'll tell me if things get to be too much okay? We'll ditch school and go to like, I dunno the aquarium or something," he said once he had gotten out of his car as well and took my hand in his.

I nodded and kissed his cheek, "Alright, if something happens I'll let you know."

"And if my brother is a dick, I'll kick his ass for you."

I giggled and squeezed his hand, "That's not necessary, violence is never the answer to anything Vic. Besides, I'm pretty sure your little brother would be able to kick your ass easily."

Vic scowled and bumped his hip against mine, "You're a dick."

I stuck my tongue at him but said nothing as we walked through the parking lot, both of us already hearing the quiet whispering of the surrounding students. I didn't know if it was because of what went down yesterday or because Vic and I were holding hands.

Either way, I worked hard to ignore them. They didn't matter right now, I was simply a star and they were all the gawking paparazzi who just wanted to start more drama about the wonderful Kellin Quinn Bostwick. And I was just going to let them go. I mean, if I was ever going to be some big star, I'd have to get used to the bullshit from people anyway.