2.

One day, when this town is simply just a distant memory, I'll finally be who I'm meant to be. One hundred percent me. I'll be rich and famous and everyone who ever gave me shit for being me will be another one of those distant memories. I'll be graceful and beautiful and everyone would want to be friends with the boy who could sing like an angel and had the fashion of the Greek goddess, Aphrodite herself.

I'll be content, I'll be traveling the world singing my songs to everyone, letting them know my feelings, my pain, my inner thoughts. And, hopefully, by my side would stand a man who loved me more than words would ever be able to express.

That's what I thought every day to keep from going absolutely insane. I'm going to be somebody one day. Not this weird kid who was treating like a slave by his step family. I rubbed my thumb and forefinger over the lithium quartz crystal that hung from my neck.

Lithium quartz helped soothe anxiety and stress, two things that I dealt with more than I liked to admit and let on. It was also amazing for peace, helped me stay calm. Even when I was dealing with assholes like I was today. Not to mention the crystal itself was absolutely gorgeous.

"Come on Kelly, just belt out a few notes right here," Mike said, jabbing his finger into my back. I scowled and turned to him.

"Come on Mikey, just belt out a few notes for me, maybe after I kick you in the fucking balls you'll be able to hit those high notes." I told him, absolutely irritated with him. He was one of Lynn's lackeys, he lived for tormenting me but, much to my satisfaction, I've never given him the feeling of him thinking he got to me.

Of course he got to me some times, but not that he'd ever know that.

"At least I have balls unlike you Bostwick. Come on, just tell me what you actually are, are you a boy, a girl? An it?" He asked me, I smirked and crossed my arms.

"Why do you want to know so bad?" I questioned, cocking my head to the side. "Aw Mikey do you have a wittle crush on me?" I cooed, twirling my hair around my finger.

He scoffed and gave me a disgusted look, "Of course not, my brother's the fag not me." He stated.

"Oh you wouldn't be a fag either, I don't think your brother looks like a bundle of sticks. Besides, I bet you'd just love to get a look under this skirt and see whether I had a pussy or a cock now wouldn't you?" I asked him curiously. "Because if you really, really want to know, maybe one of these days I'll give you a sneak peek." I said with a wink before I turned and headed off to my next class not even bothering to wait for his response.

"I see you and Mike were having your daily fun," Justin said, grabbing onto the strap to my messenger bag, I giggled and smacked his hand away as I turned around to face him.

"Oh you know it, I swear Mike is absolutely in love with me." I said brushing a strand of hair behind my ear. I knew Mike wasn't actually in love with me and that he actually just enjoyed picking on me but it was fun to also give him shit as well. I could hold up my own, I've had to deal with my step family's shit so often it helped.

"Oh yeah, totally," Justin said rolling his eyes, absolutely amused. "So, did you hear about the masquerade?"

I frowned and shook my head, "Masquerade? No, nothing about one. Why?" I asked him curiously.

Justin grinned, rocking on the heels of his feet, "Yeah a big Halloween party, the Fuentes brothers are throwing it so you know it's going to be fucking great."

I rolled my eyes, "And let me guess? You wanna go?" I asked him before I grabbed his hand and the two of us started walking together, our hands swinging between us. Justin and I weren't dating, nor have we ever dated. Justin was straight 100% straight and never have I ever felt any sort of attraction for the weirdo. We were just best friends, absolute best friends. It had been like this ever since we met in first grade and he threw mud at my skirt before I tackled him and beat the shit out of him.

We were close, undeniably so.

He knew me better than anyone on the face of the planet, he knew about my dreams and aspirations, he was the only one in the world who was actually comfortable with teasing me about things. That was the main thing that did annoy me about my school, everyone here was so damn politically correct about every fucking thing and it was annoying, if you were genderfluid, they walked on eggshells, too worried on whether they were going to fuck up on my pronouns.

Justin wasn't scared to offend me, he never was and I was grateful for that. The jokes he made about my gender identity were funny and... interesting to say the least.

We teased each other constantly about different things, I made fun of him for having the dorky and lame qualities of a straight, white, fuck boy. It was all in good fun though.

"Oh yeah, as soon as I can get my hands on an invitation we're definitely going," Justin said excitedly.

I rolled my eyes, "You and I both know that Lacey would never in a million years go for something like that." I muttered, and it was true. If I ever asked Lacey for anything that sounded even remotely fun she'd turn me down in a heartbeat. She hated me and I hatted her and we were both okay with the hatred, even if the woman did live for tormenting me constantly.

"Damn I know, but just imagine it!" Justin said excitedly as we walked to the cafeteria for lunch. "It's a masquerade Kells, we'd have so much fucking fun it'd be amazing."

I shook my head, "Nah, besides, it's at Vic's house."

"Exactly! This is your chance to get into his pants," Justin told me, wriggling his eyebrows suggestively. I shook my head and laughed.

"Just, he's dating Lynn, I don't have a chance with him," I told him just as we reached the cafeteria.

"Yeah you do, I heard in dance class the other day that he thinks you're adorable," he said and my stomach fluttered ever so slightly, my cheeks heating up just a bit.

"Everyone thinks I'm adorable," I mumbled, slightly embarrassed that I had this ridiculous crush on Vic.

"Speak of the devil," Justin said, I glanced up and quickly looked away when I saw Vic sitting at the dancer's table laughing and talking to his friends, Lynn clinging to his arm, causing my to groan in disgust.

I hated her so much, she acted like she was absolutely in love with Vic and that he was everything to her. But, I knew better than that. I've walked in on her cheating on Vic so many times it was unbelievable.

She whored around more than anyone in this school and everyone seemed to know it except for Vic.

Either he was blind or stupid or he was simply just overlooking it on purpose.

"He's so adorable," I said, playing with my crystal again.

"Eh, I don't see it. Your step sister's hot though. Ten out of ten would definitely bang."

I crinkled my nose and shook my head, "God, no."

"You're just saying that because she's your sister."

"Stepsister!" I exclaimed growing annoyed.

Justin laughed, "Come on Miss Lady, you and I need to get some lunch before we get to work on the music." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"That's Mr. Lady to you," I said with a sniff and walked to the cafeteria line. Justin and I were working on music shit together. When I became famous, Justin had promised he'd be my manager. All of his classes and mine were centered around this dream. I was in creative writing and choir to work on singing and music writing. Justin was in music theory and writing with me. This was the way we worked, the two of wanted to make it out in the world. It wasn't just some silly dream either, we were serious about it.

"Yeah, yeah whatever." He said rolling his eyes. I smirked and grabbed my tray.

"Let's just work on music you fucking loser, I had an idea for a song last night and I wanted you to hear it."

"Then what are we still doing here? Let's go!" He said excitedly and the two of us left the cafeteria, talking about the song all the while.