Chapter 45 ~ The End Is Nigh

Episode: Season 3 - No Rest for the Wicked Pt. 2

Neither of us knew what to say really. So Dean didn't say anything at all. His green eyes broke the contact, looking over at the clock on the wall. I didn't bother following his gaze, I couldn't read the stupid thing anyway. I turned to Sam then and he had a solemn expression on his face. He was about to say something when he was cut off by the barking of dogs outside. My eyes widened.

"Hellhounds?" I asked and Sam just nodded.

The three of us ran to the door, trying to keep the hounds out as they rammed against the wood. The doorway shook with the force of it but we held fast. And just as fast as it had happened, it stopped. I let out a breath and my eyes met Dean's.

"You left," he said finally.

Slowly, I nodded, pushing a strand of black hair behind my ear, "I had no choice, Dean,"

He scoffed, rolling his eyes as he walked to the middle of the room with me on his heels.

"No choice? What did you have no choice on, Park? Hm?" he snapped and I clenched my jaw in anger, "Please, enlighten me with your-your wide array of knowledge," he shot back sarcastically.

"I GOT BIT!" I screamed at him finally, whipping back around.

Both him and Sam sucked in a breath but Sam was the first to speak.

"Bit by what, Parks?" he asked me softly, his hand reaching out to rest on my shoulder.

I sighed, my anger deflating like a popped balloon. Silently debating in my head, I decided to let them know.

"A vampire..." I whispered, feeling tears brim in my eyes.

Quickly though, I brushed them away.

"So you're-" Sam started but I cut him off.

"No, not anymore. It wasn't easy but I found a cure," I shook my head, glancing up at his towering figure.

He nodded in response, not questioning it. I turned back around to face Dean then and noticed his eyes were glued to me.

"So...the running away? Had you been bitten or-" he started to say but I stopped him with a shake of my head.

"No. I hadn't..." I said, letting out a sigh before continuing, "The truth is, Dean-"

Suddenly, we were rudely interrupted by the baying of the Hellhounds outside.

"Give me the knife. Maybe I can fight it off," Ruby said to Sam.

"What?" he asked, unbelieving.

"Come on. That dust won't last forever," she snapped, "You wanna die?"

"Sam, that's not Ruby. It's not Ruby!" Dean shouted suddenly just as she propelled Sam away, his back slamming into a wall.

With a wave of her hand, she sent Dean sprawling and pinned me against the wall with Sam.

"How long have you been in her?" Dean asked, out of breath.

"Wait, this is Lilith?" I asked no one in particular and Sam nodded to me in reply.

"I haven't been in her long. But I like it. It's all grown-up and pretty," she answered, her eyes turning white.

My own widened at that and I muttered under my breath, "Oh, this is not good."