Chapter 34 ~ You Ate My Pie!

Episode: Season 3 - Bedtime Stories

"This is all crazy." I commented from the backseat as Dean gunned the engine on Baby.

The Impala zoomed down the road, the rutted up cement making the car bounce involuntarily. Our new case was even weirder than normal. Like fairy tales or something. I followed the boys into the room once we got back to the motel, slipping inside after them. I made my way to the mini-fridge and sneakily picked Dean's piece of pie while he wasn't looking. Ooh, apple, I thought to myself happily as I dug in with a white, plastic fork.

The boys began to discuss the case when Sam said something that made me look up.

"Actually, I do have a theory. Uh, sort of," he said, looking over at us.

"Hit me," Dean told him.

"Well, thinking about fairy tales," Sam admitted.

I arched an eyebrow, smirking slightly as I shoveled in the pie.

"Oh, that's-that's nice. You think about fairy tales often?" Dean asked him sarcastically.

"No, Dean, I'm talking about the murders. A guy and girl hiking through the woods, an old lady tries to eat them. That's Hansel and Gretel. Then we got the three brothers arguing over how to build houses attacked by the big bad wolf," Sam told him.

"Three Little Pigs," he nodded in understanding, "Actually, those guys were a little chubby. Oh, wait. I thought those things ended with everybody living happily ever after,"

"No, no, not the originals. See, the Grimm brothers' stuff was kind of like the folklore of its day full of violence and cannibalism. Then it got sanitized over the years, turned into Disney flicks and bedtime stories," Sam explained further.

"Or Once Upon A Time," I pointed out between bites of pie in my mouth.

"You watch that?" Dean asked, arching an eyebrow briefly as he turned to me.

"Well, yeah, I used to. Oh my gosh, Rumple - you should see that man. Sociopathically wonderful right there-" I started to say when he cut me off.

"What are you eating?!" he snapped and I looked up at him innocently.

His green eyes had darkened and he glared at me.

"Um...pie?" I said, it coming out as more of a question as I licked a bite off the fork, "S'good too,"

Everything hit the fan in that moment when Dean took a step closer to me. I clutched the plate of pie close to my chest and took off towards the other end of the room.

"YOU ATE MY PIE!" he screamed, chasing after me.

I dodged his advances, knocking the lamp off the table with a crash as Sam called after us, trying to get us to stop.

"THERE WAS NO NOTE!" I shot back, careening around the side of the bed and jumping up on it.

Dean grabbed my ankle just as I got on, attempting to pull me down on the floor.

"Parker, Dean, stop it, you guys!" Sam admonished us.

With one hand, I held fast to the pie and the other held onto the bedspread but it was a losing battle because the stupid sheet kept slipping out from under my fingers. He laughed maniacally as I slid down further but suddenly, I pushed off his chest with my foot and he fell back with an oof! I grinned and hoisted myself up, diving across the gap to the other bed.

"YOU ATE MY PIE!" Dean shouted again.

"THERE WAS NO NOTE!" I reiterated loudly, huffing at the end.

Dean jumped up onto the other bed and I stuck my tongue out at him before pushing another bite of pie into my mouth.

"Mm, sooo good!" I hummed, just to make him mad.

Success! He glared daggers at me and dived across the beds, tackling me to the mattress. The plate of pie fell out of my hands and onto the bed.

"NO!" I screamed as we both tried to reach for it, each of us trying to keep the other from getting it.

Suddenly, Sam walked over and picked up the pie, stuffing the last bite into his mouth. Dean and I scowled up at him and he just smiled at us.

"Now no one gets pie."

The rest of the case went fine and eventually, we figured out a little girl in a coma was behind the fairy tale-like attacks. Long story short though, she stopped killing people and we began to make our way to our next case. This time in Massachusetts.

"I can't believe it was the little girl the whole time," Sam said from the passenger seat, shaking his head.

"Well, at least we got her to stop, though," Dean stated, his hand on the steering wheel.

"I don't know, guys. They all sounded like something out of a storybook to me..." I said before grinning, "Or should I say Storybrooke,"

Sam just shook his head, sighing, "You watch too much TV."

"Well, I for one, thought it was something witch-y or magic-related to begin with," Dean shrugged.

I snickered in the backseat.

"All magic comes with a price, dearies."

Another sigh from Sam.

"Parker, no more TV for you."

Note: For those of you who didn't catch it, the pie-chasing scene was actually inspired by the "You Ate My Enchilada!" scene from Drake and Josh XD