Chapter 13 ~ Dean to the Rescue

Episode: Season 1 - The Benders Pt. 2

When I regained consciousness, it was to the sound of a door opening. My first thought was that our captors were back but I let out a sigh of relief when I saw it was Dean.

"Sam?" he asked, rushing over to his brother's cage.

"Well, you sure took your sweet time," I coughed and Dean's green eyes snapped to me.

"Parker," he said blandly and I sighed.

"Good to see you too, Dean." I quipped, leaning against the bars.

My left felt like it was on fire and I could tell there'd been quite a bit of blood-loss from my light-headedness.

"She's hurt, Dean," Sam told him, nodding to me, "She tried to escape..."

Dean looked over at me and shook his head, "Never could stay out of trouble, could you, Parks?"

"Nope. I'm special that way." I shot back playfully with a smirk.

"There's some kind of automatic control right there," Sam told him, pointing to a gray control box on the wall.

"Have you seen 'em?" he questioned Sam, walking over to it.

"Yeah. Dude, they're just people," he replied.

"And they jumped you two?" Dean asked in disbelief, glancing between the both of us, "Must be gettin' a little rusty there, kiddos,"

Sam and I scoffed at him.

"Enough of that! Let's get you guys outta here," Dean snapped, "Then we'll take care of them."

Dean went off in search of a key then. Half an hour passed though and we began to get concerned. Well...Sam was concerned. I was just mad he might have left us here. Just then, we heard shouting and scuffling from somewhere far off. Suddenly, the door burst open and the men that had attacked me last night came in.

He unlocked Sam and I's cages then. I knew already what he wanted. To kill us. I glanced around for some sort of weapon but there was none. They'd already taken my knife from me. Sam lashed out at the man with the rusted bracket he had found, making him miss just as he shot his gun.

Sam wrestled him to the ground and punched him.

"Go, Sammy!" I cheered, grinning slightly.

He took his gun then and knocked the man unconscious. Helping me to my feet, we hid behind some bales of hay. And not a moment too soon as a pair of men barged inside, guns aimed at anything that moved. They split up and one wandered close to me.

"Parker, don't!" Sam whispered to me suddenly.

But it was too late - I'd already had the idea. Grinning, I jumped onto the man's back and he gave a shout. The other man shot at Sam but he dodged it as I struggled to keep my hold on the buffoon. He rammed his back into a post, dislodging me onto the ground. I fell with an "oomph!". Picking his gun up from the ground, he aimed it at me and I felt my chest constrict with fear.

Sam let out a shout and the man spun around, the gun going off. Sam ducked and the bullet hit the other man. It was all the distraction Sammy needed and he clocked the guy in the back of the head. I sighed, lifting up on my elbows to gaze up at him.

"Great timing, Sammy. But next time, can you do it before he knocks me to the ground?"