Chapter 15

A few days had past, it was the day she would meet her new parents, she started to place her pets in carriers, her dogs where dragging their leashes on the ground. "Do I have to loose you..." she thought to herself, she looked at her phone, she still had her ex as her lock screen, a cute picture of them on the beach. She felt a tear roll down her face, all because of a stupid 'slut shame'. She dragged her suitcase with the animal supplies and some of her clothes she could take that would start her off in her new home. One by one she went back for the animals in their carriers. She lay on the couch and waited, no one talked to her, Lexie and Katie had abandoned their friendship from broken trust. A familiar face looked over her, it was Case, he was holding something in his hand. She got up and looked at him heart broken and could hardly hold her tears, he was processing better then her but he was still hurt, you could see it in his eyes. He handed a gift to her and walked away, it was wrapped up in the shape of a box, it was quite large. She thought for a minute if she should open it, her curiosity led her to tear it open. There was a note and a tiny folder, she turned the folder around and opened it, inside where memories of them, photos of their first outing, beach trips, the day they went to Petcon, the café they got famous at and many more. Her hands where shaking, what was he trying to do? make her more upset? She grabbed the note to read it, it says things about their journey together and that he is truly sorry. Her head dropped to her chest in the feeling of being useless. Case noticed her reaction and walked towards her and sat next to her, just because they cant date it doesn't mean he can't love her the same way. He held her in his arms for comfort, he tried to make it as friendly as he could but he hugged her in a loving heart. She sat there and said nothing, she couldn't speak. Maria swept past them and opened the door to a new couple of faces, two adults and 3 kids. She brightened up as she realised two where younger, one was older, a tall boy who looked around 17 yo, the others where twin girls. "Are you Olivia?" they approached her with curiosity. "Yep," she grinned, Case had disappeared awkwardly. "I'm Jamie and this is Hollie," one twin explained brightly. They where 13 yo's, quite happy for teenagers. "Do you have any animals at home?" Olivia asked them nervously, "yep, a dog, two bunnies and a cat," they explained. "Well now you have 2 cats, 4 dogs, two bunnies, a gecko, 3 sugar gliders, two parrots," she made them shocked. "We didn't know you had that many..." they showed her a shocked glance. "Yes, i'm crazy, you'll get used to it," she got up and led them to her orphanage room where the cages where, they helped her load them into the trailer attached to the car. "This is amazing," Hollie commented as she had Yoshi on her shoulder and Ocean on her head, the two macaws where calm. "I like you already," Jamie smiled, "you seem like a good sister already," Olivia replied to her sweetly.

By lunch time she had settled into her new house, it was a nice little home on a block of land in the country, 3 hrs away from the orphanage. "This must be scary for you," her new mother thought. "Yes very, but its not that bad, I've experienced worse." Her heart was pounding, "I heard about your story, but your safe now hun, your home." She was comforted by the lady in the sweetest way. "Whats your name?" Olivia asked, curious since she hadn't been told, "Georgia and your father is Fred but of course you should call us mum and dad," she smiled. "Of course!" she hugged her, it was the first time she felt she could have that mother and father figure. "Hunter will show you around tomorrow, get some rest now," she offered. "Thankyou," Olivia nodded and was left alone, she started to decorate the cages again, making them look like they did before, she then placed her animals inside them. Claire was on her new bed and the dogs roamed outside and said hello to the other dog, Jinx who was a red kelpie. She looked around her bedroom that had a bookshelf, desk, tv and mirror. "Perfect spot for you two to land on." She glanced the birds who chilled in their cages.

The next day was even better, Olivia was given a nice stack of pancakes with strawberries and maple syrup on top, her mouth watered dramatically. "I lobe fud," Jamie mumbled, making her English sound weird. "Me as fuck," Hunter grinned, "hey, language," their father warned, "can Olivia and I go into the yard and look at the next door neighbours horses?" Hunter asked with a smirk. "Go ahead," their mum pointed to the door. Olivia shrugged and got up, her eyes show symphony as he led her into the paddock, she loved horses, she had never seen one in person before. "This is the big beauty, my favourite, yes that's her name." He stroked the horse smoothly, Olivia slowly reached her hand out, "hello," she smiled, the horse nudged her as she touched its snout. "She wants you to ride her," he seemed surprised, "wow, she is normally shy with strangers," he thought. They hopped onto the horse and rode across the paddock, "shouldn't we have a helmet?" she asked nervously. "Probably, but these horses aren't mine so i don't have horse riding helmets." He slowly announced, "we won't die," he insisted, "alright" she trusted him and they sped up, the horse galloped across the gorgeous gardens of the neighbours property.