Chapter 4

"What about that one?" Lexie asked, pointing to a Norwegian Forest cat named Coco. "He looks like Lucky, I can't do this..." Olivia frowned, "but this isn't Lucky, you have to move on..." she frowned. Olivia sighed and walked along the hall of enclosures. She stopped on a cat named Claire, "a Scottish fold, here? Who would throw such a gentle and cute kitty away?" She felt sad, "I'm going in here, I love her already," she concluded. Lexie was surprised with how quick she took the cat in her arms, "your cheap for pure bred too," she thought with admiration. "How many animals are you gonna adopt?" Lexie asked with amusement, "I'd take them all home if I could," Olivia blinked at her, "me too," she thought. "I'll choose just 2 or maybe 3?" She decided slowly, "oh I though- never mind" Lexie went silent. "Animal hoarding right there," Olivia shook her head. "Lets see the bunny's, guinea pigs, hamsters, chinchillas and rats," She continued on, "I'll be back babe," her eyes left the cat as she exited the cat room. "Wow there's a lot in here," she gasped. "Sadly," the lady but in, "I think I might take one of these little guys, a dog and cat," she seemed seriously obsessed, "what? I have always wanted to do this," she was nervously looking at Lexie. "It's okay, you deserve it, as long as I don't have to take over with your animals," she worried. "My cat legit shat everywhere all the time, I'm ready for extra responsibility." She insisted with a begging tone. "I'll ring Maria, maybe since your new and your history is horrifying she will let you go on an adoption spree," Lexie decided, hopefully.
After ten minutes the conversation went well, Olivia had been promised $1000 to spend at the shelter on animals, accessories and food. "Lets go in the morning to decide," Lexie suggested, "sure, their not going anywhere unless they are adopted quickly..." Olivia slowly sighed. "Don't worry ill hold those three for you, then you can decide to adopt who you like." The rescuer offered kindly, "thank you," she smiled, the two girls and Storm left for the day, it had been a long and tiring journey for Olivia, know is time for her to find a loving foster home.
"Olivia wake up," Lexie shoved her in the shoulder with excitement, "its time to go," she continued, Olivia opened her eyes and quickly, jumping up, "omg I forgot," she gasped. "Lets go then," Lexie rushed her around the place like a Boarder collie herding sheep. They quickly ran out of the door, taking Maria's credit card, "use as much as you like, $1000 at the most remember," the lady explained. They walked out together with bursts of energy, "I love adopting animals, a specially seeing the look on the animals faces." Lexie was even more excited then Olivia, "yea," she replied happily. "Am I dreaming?" She suddenly thought, she had gone from horrible conditions and loneliness to a nice place with friends and heaps of animal friends, even if she didn't have the one thing she lived for anymore. "Still thinking about him...?" Lexie knew her sadness from her look. "It's alright, maybe getting a new friend or a few will help you get over him by looking after another animal and loving them, but not replacing him." She suggested softly, they entered the place quickly. "Hi again," the lady at the counter smiled, "hey, are they on hold still?" Olivia was hopeful, "no..." the lady sighed, "WHAT?!" She freaked, "KIDDING, Chill!" The lady laughed. Olivia gave her a salty look, she just rolled her eyes at her. "Lets go get them," the lady grinned. "I haven't even decided," Olivia explained, "take your time," the lady nodded, "call me when you need me." "Okay," the two girls went ahead, Olivia went straight to the two puppies she saw yesterday, "can I like adopt you both?"she frowned. "You promised yourself no more then 3 animals from here." "but I'm not hoarding," Olivia argued, "do what you like but keep in mind, some people might not want too many animals, you are still going to be fostered remember," Lexie warned her. "Idc if I get adopted or not, or foster, I am happy at that place tbh." "It is nice but don't you want a family?" Lexie continued with concern, "yea... but I love animals more, lets go!" She walked into the dog kennel with the two puppies. "Storm and Midnight," she smiled, "they are perfect," her eyes lit up. "You sure you want these two?" Lexie asked, "yes," Olivia continued along to find the Norwegian Forest cat, "still not too sure with you, Claire is probably a better choice," she turned to the Scottish fold that immediately recognized her. "Hey pretty kitty, I'm gonna get you out of here," she cheered, the cat knew exactly what was happening. The lady came over "those three?" She asked curiously, "yes!" Olivia nodded, "nice," she grabbed the two puppies first and brought them to the front, while she did that, Lexie and Olivia went to the next room, they hardly looked there yesterday. "Look at the cute little Chinchilla," Lexie smiled, "awh," Olivia stared at it with admiration. "I couldn't," she explained, "they are hard work," she frowned and continued along. "A rabbit or guinea pig maybe," Olivia thought, "can we just get the ones you chose?" Lexie asked again thinking of a hoarder. "I want to make these lives happier, leave me alone..." Olivia slithered away viciously. "Okay!" Lexie rolled her eyes at her and turned to wait at the front. "Something small for my room would suit me," she told herself. "SUGAR GLIDERS, GOOD DAY MATE!" She excited herself as she saw them, "Aussies aye." She read the sign that said, "$100 for all 3 must go together!!" her eyes lit up, "cheap," she thought, she called the lady to take them too, all together she had spend $700 on all 6 animals.