23

"What the hell are you talking about?" asks Marconi.

Natalie crawls over to the soldier and climbs on top of him. "Just shut up for now and rest for an hour while David and I do some homework, then we're taking our prisoner down and getting on one of those ships. Do you understand?" He shakes his head and turns over.

I laugh a short cackle at his pathetic state, but it's really not funny. He's on the verge of losing it, or am I?

Natalie curls up at my feet like a lap dog and says, "Go on."

I can't force the creative process, but I have some ideas. "My character has been brewing in the back of my mind for years. I know he's coming because he has an ancient history. His blood line has been forming for a thousand generations, and now it's time for him to help us."

"Of course," she says, "he's from a royal family."

"Not necessarily. He's not entitled, rich, or famous, but we all have greatness inside, don't you agree?"

"I guess," says Natalie. "I know I'm good, but am I great?"

"That's the key," I begin to explain, and it becomes clear, "He's not a king or a prince. He's not a savior or perfect. In fact, he's not even enthusiastic about helping anyone. His name is Grayven Justice."

"I know Grayven Justice," shouts Marconi. "He die..." Natalie flies through the air and punches Marconi in the mouth. I didn't know a person could move so fast.

"Shut up you stupid moron. Don'ttell us about a future we're still creating." He looks confused and so am I,but now, despite our probable demise, I see a clear picture forming and beginto tell them as much. "This is what I know about Grayven Justice."

read, vote, comment!

The next chapter is the start of my favorite character. Do you Think he will be a bad boy, a night in shinning armor, or?