5

The cameras are the size of a mini-fridge, recording directly to SSD terabyte hard drives with full HD and sound integration. Rumor has it, they are so precise, no editing is needed, but I have my doubts. The scenes need to be put together in their chronological order and manipulated to make a movie.

Billy stands next to me for a moment and we watch the scene unfold before us. The hairs on his arms are standing straight up. I shake my own chill off when the sun peeks over the distant mountains, sending shafts of light through the trees and lighting the set in a warm glow of morning light.

"There she is," Billy nudges me as Emily Browning glides onto the set. Everyone falls silent and Billy gives me a quick hug. "You did it, David," then he runs to Abrams' chair and climbs a rickety rope ladder.

"No, God did it," I reply under my breath, but after today even my faith will be shaken to the core.

I'm mesmerized by the transformation on the set. The twenty-eight-year-old actress I based my main character on doesn't look a day over sixteen. The art of makeup makes her already perfect features into an exact representation of how I imagined her. The sun lights up red highlights in her auburn hair and a black dress with sunbursts gives her looks that could kill. She steals a glance my way as the clock ticks down its last seconds. She's fully aware she wouldn't be here if not for my narcissistic persistence in who played what parts.

The screenwriters had changed things for artistic reasons which might upset some readers. Ketty would save Lindy, not Rayleen. It made sense now that I was here watching the vision unfold, and I knew why screenwriters were held is such high regard. Because of me, casting had been an epic battle lasting almost a year which drove the cost of the movie beyond a 70 million before the first shot. I could see the pale orange suns inside her green eyes which glinted in the dull glow of backlighting. She is a goddess, and the only thing more striking than her looks is her personality. Like Sucker Punch, I envision her as innocent but deadly, the chosen one who will fight to the death and protect honor. Then she turns and takes her place, someone yelling, "Quiet on the set," while the cameras begin to roll in time locked unison.

"Action," yells Abrams.

THIS IS A BETA READ, LET ME KNOW THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY. PLEASE VOTE AND BE HONEST, I CAN TAKE IT!