Chapter 41

While everyone else in the auditorium is busy trying to figure out what the heck just happened, Simone makes a beeline for Eli who's sitting on the left hand side in the front row. He attempts to cover the amused smile on his face with his hand, but those glittering gold teeth are very hard to miss. Simone steps over some of the yellow paint that splashed on the floor, the image of Kenya being drenched just minutes ago flashes in her mind and her blood boils.

"Eli!" She barks once she's reached his row. His eyes trail up to her, that amused smile still on his face. "Step outside with me for a minute."

"Aw the show was just getting good." He laughs, holding his hands out in front of him. Simone looks on stage where Mrs. Olivia is talking to the other contestants. Kenya is in the back trying to clean off all that paint with the help of her parents and Camille.

She turns towards Eli again and clenches her teeth together. "Get up."

Sucking his teeth, Eli stands up and gestures for her to start walking. She heads up the aisle towards the doors, occasionally looking back to make sure Eli hasn't disappeared. He follows her out to the deserted lobby and she whirls around to glare at him.

"Did you do this?"

"Here we go again," He mutters with a blank look on his face.

Simone steps closer to him and slits her eyes. "Yes or no?"

"NO, DAMN!" He exclaims throwing his hands into the air. "How come every time bad shit happens you come pointing the finger at me? What reason would I have to do this?"

"We both know you don't like Kenya."

He laughs darkly, "Plenty of people don't like Kenya, why you gotta single me out?"

"I don't know, you got pretty upset when I "accused" your brother of stealing Kenya's book."

"This again?" Eli runs a hand over his face annoyed, "The only ones still on that damn book, is y'all. No one is thinking about Kenya anymore and the fact that she's still trying to make herself seem relevant is getting old. If anyone wanted to get back at Kenya for something it should be you based on the way you're letting her control you like a puppet. How could I have done this if I was in my seat the whole time? Ask anyone. She's got you brainwashed Simone and you're really starting to piss me off."

Without another word he storms away from her and yanks the door to the auditorium open, stepping inside without a glance back. Feeling aggravated and a bit guilty, Simone pulls open the auditorium doors to head back inside.

"Ouch," A soft voice says behind her.

Looking over her shoulder she sees Faith emerging from behind the trophy case. She's dressed in a long black dress with a plunging neckline and her lips are painting a daring red. She makes her way over to Simone and looks her up and down. "You look nice."

"Have you been here the whole time?" Simone asks.

"Yup, I just couldn't stay away." She shrugs innocently, "That was a dramatic ending, huh?"

Simone let's go of the door and shuts softly behind her. "Did you pour the paint on Kenya?"

A cold smile stretches across Faith's face and for the first time she doesn't look like an innocent goody-two shoes. She looks like she just went from the good witch to the bad witch and Simone is Dorothy. She puts a hand to her heart and widens her eyes even more.

"Me? Nooo," she coos, "I couldn't lift those cans, my acrylics are too expensive to risk breaking one off."

Simone sighs, tired of the games and tired of Faith's mind game. "So who did it?"