Chapter 1

All eyes are on her. Literally. The timed test they're supposed to be working on is no longer as important as the gorgeous girl standing in the doorway beside Principle Evans. The principle gestures for Mrs.Diaz to step outside the classroom and the girl follows them into the hallway while the stares of the students burn into her back. She runs her hand over her shirt to make sure it's free of any wrinkles, knowing she picked a good outfit for her first day at her new school. It consists of a white muscle tee with a bright pink bandeau under neath, dark wash skinny jeans and all white Nike Air Forces 1s. Her dark brown hair is pulled back in a slick ponytail that swings side to side each time she nods at the principles words, and her topaz colored skin look soft and supple while her face is free of any makeup. She's tall, she's slim and she has the entire room captivated by her beauty, which is just how she likes it.

Principle Evans shakes the girls hand before walking away and Mrs. Diaz leads her into the room and towards the front, the entire time everyone's eyes follow her every step. She doesn't seem to be intimidated under everyone's gaze, and welcomes the attention with warm eyes and a soft smile, complete with a deep dimple in her right cheek.

Mrs.Diaz takes off her reading glasses and sets them on them down on the desk. A sign that she's about to address her students. "Class, this is---"

"Simone Porter, I just moved here from Los Angeles," The new girl announces proudly, lifting her hand to wave at her audience.

"Right," Mrs. Diaz reaches for her attendance list and scribbles Simone's name on to the bottom half of the sheet. "Well Mrs. Porter, welcome to Sheridan High School. I hope you enjoy your stay here." She proceeds to hand her a syllabus along with the packet of required reading material. "You'll be a bit behind due to it being the middle of the semester, but we can discuss ways you can catch up. Right now we're in the middle of a test, which you obviously can not take right now, so I'll just go through assignments with you and show you what you absolutely have to do and which ones you can just skip over." Her eyes cut to the students who's gazes are still lingering on the new girl. "Back to work, you have thirty minutes left to finish up. Use your time wisely."

As the heads of students bow towards their test once again, Simone scans the room briefly to take in her new peers and her light brown eyes come to rest on a boy slouching in his seat with one foot extended in front of him and his arm slung over the back of his chair. His tongue flicks over his lips once and he flashes a quick smile to show his interest. The scraping of a chair against the floor breaks Simone's focus on the boy and she looks to see Mrs. Diaz pulling up a chair beside her desk. Simone sits on the edge and leans forward to listen to Mrs. Diaz's soft voice as she uses her sharp dark purple nails to point at important details in the syllabus. Simone pays close attention and resists the urge to crinkle her nose up at the hot coffee breath hitting her in the face.

She's more than relieved when Mrs. Diaz finally allows her to take a seat by the window, with instructions to begin reading tonight's homework assignment, an article about Logic and Mathematics. Simone takes a highlighter out of her bag and underlines important details, becoming completely fascinated by the packet of philosophy in front of her. Time flies by and soon the bell rings signaling the end of class. Students shuffle around her, handing in their tests and heading through the door. Simone slips her papers into her purple messenger bag and stands up to leave the class room. She doesn't take even two steps before someone brushes against her arm. Turning her head, she sees the boy that smiled at her earlier standing beside her. She looks up at him, taken back by how good he looks up close. The slick smile on his face gives him a cool and confident look as his peers pass by them, each stopping to take a peek at the new girl.