chapter three

"Are you finally ready to go?" Ashton asked annoyed. He had already put on his beanie and jacket while he waited for us to be ready aswell. Well, mostly waiting for Luke. I stood beside Ashton while Luke looked around for his second shoe and phone. His stuff is everywhere.

"Is Luke always such a mess?" I asked while I kept my eyes on Luke, I was sort of trying to avoid eye contact with him right now. Just basically trying to prevent him yelling at me.

"He's the worst, when we go back home everyone always has stuff from Luke in their suitcase." He said in a soft voice. I could feel his eyes digging in the side of my skull and it was a horrible feeling.

"Luke, if you don't hurry up now, we're leaving without you." I said when he was still walking around with one shoe in his hand.

"I got a minor problem that I can't find a second shoe. And I lost my phone somewhere." He said already slightly out of breath from his search. "You can already leave without me and we'll see eachother somewhere when I find everything."

"We don't have enough security today to both be wandering around alone today. You're coming with us now, or you're not. Simple." Ashton said now finally raising his voice.

"You can go without me, I give up the search" Luke replied with a pout on his face. He looked like a childthat isn't allowed to eat a cookie.

"Fine. Let's go." He said clearly annoyed. "Just don't talk too much and stay with me, if I loose you Luke will kill me." He said when we got out of the bus. I could already hear fans screaming and singing from here.

Even though it would be great to have some time with Ashton to maybe figure out why the hell he always yells at me, this can fuck everything up aswell.

——— Ashton's POV ———

Don't even ask why I said I would go alone with her. I haven't been outside a lot and if we get chased by fans, no way that I will be able to run for a while. And I can't freaking stand this girl. She looks so untouched with a perfect little life back home. She has no clue how the hell it feels like.

"So, where are we going first?" She asked softly, like she was afraid talking loudly would cause me to snap. She was right though but I can't yell at her in public.

"we're going to take one of the red busses so you can see everything you want, and we don't even have to talk." I said as I sort of dragged her behind me to get to the nearest bus stop.

I looked beside me to see she was busy looking at something on her phone. "Are you even listening?" I asked making sure she could hear that I was annoyed.

"I am. I wanted to go to one specific store so I was checking if it was on the route of the bus. And it's not, it's 5 minutes walking from here. Could we do that?" She asked as she looked up at me. The fear that I heard in her voice before was gone and she sounded much more confident than I did right now, and I didn't like that.

"Are you going to make this in a shopping day? Because I thought you wanted to explore the city." I replied when I stopped in my tracks. I saw a big group of girls a head of us and they were all looking around. That's nothing unusual except ofcourse that I could see our band logo on half of the shirts. "Shit. Come with me." I said and grabbed her arm as I dragged her behind me into a little souvenir shop.

"Please let go of my arm" She begged once we were inside, I quickly let go and looked at my guard. "So what now?" She was looking between the both of us as she spoke.

"Ashton needs to go out and meet some fans, with a smile, and make sure everyone knows he's alright. You, can't be there unless you want everyone to assume that you're a thing. So we need to figure something out."

"Well, I want to go to my store, so I'll be back in 15 minutes. Here's the adress if you're done earlier." She said before handing him a piece of paper. "I should have just went on my own." She said softer now. She looked at her phone and then back at us. "I'll be back before you know it."

"Alex, give me your phone so you have my number. Then you can atleast call someone when you get lost." I said and took her phone when she handed it to me. "I'll see you again in 15minutes. Don't go anywhere else then the store."

"Alright dad, I'll be a good girl." She said as she rolled her eyes. She walked out of the store and turned away from the girls we saw before.

I looked at Samuel and nodded before going outside aswell. As soon as we walked a few steps towards the group I could hear a few screams and people started to get closer quickly.

"Don't get out of my sight." He said as he walk right behind me.

---------

We got back around 8pm. Turns out that she wasn't happy with just the bus, I got that so we visited a museum and got on and off way too often. But she did respect the no-talking rule. She carried the bag from the store close to her at all times, she didn't say a word about it either so I was kinda curious what the hell she bought.

She also disappeared pretty fast once we got back in the bus. Luke was nowhere to be found and it took me a while to figure out that he left to meet up with the other boys and a few more london friends.

"I'm going to get pizza, do I need to bring anything for you?" She asked when I first saw her again after an hour. She was holding a little box and looked so nervous.

"No, take Samuel with you. It's dark and you shouldn't walk around alone." I softly said without looking up from my phone.

"Okay." She walked towards me and placed the small box infront of me on the table.

"What's that?" I asked when I saw my name written on it.

"Open it and you will know." She took her wallet and phone and left. Just like that she left.

She left me with a small box with my name on it. I have been nothing but rude to her so I wouldn't be surprised if she put dog shit in it.

I took it carefully when I heard the door close and smelled at it first.

It doesn't smells like something horrible. And it's definitely not dog shit.

I opened the box and there was a folded note at the top. I didn't open it though, I took it out and I didn't really understand what I saw.

I act like shit to her and she gets me something nice?

Two thin leather bracelets were placed perfectly in the box. One of them had a small charm with a drumset on it and the other had a metal plate on it, I turned it around to see the word 'believe' written on it.

I still didn't get it. I took the note and opened it,

'Thank you for putting up with me today, hopefully this is better then the salt cake. To add to your collection. - Alexis.'

--------------------------------------------------
A/N: so I just saw Ashton's live video and I think he made my whole day perfect. He's so freaking cute.