"You fucked that u," John said leaning on the passenger window. Jason jumped glaring over at his brother.

"How much did you see?" Jason said.

"All of it, that was embarrassingly sad," John said.

"But slightly funny," Trent said now leaning against the driver's side.

"It's just, I thought of my mate and her mate in that last second," Jason said banging his head against the steering wheel.

"You know not all werewolves meet their mates, and Mac is a changed werewolf, so she might not even have a mate," John said.

"I think you two would be great," Trent said.

"At one point you can't be too nervous, plus wasn't it you who kept going on and on about how you would like to date her," John said.

"I know, I know alright, but still is she even ready?" Jason said.

"Let her decide that not you," Trent said.

"I know, I'm an idiot," Jason said.

"You said it not us," John said, he banged on the side of the car door before standing up, letting Jason continue to bang his head on the wheel.

"So how was it?" Katie asked walking into Mac's room without knocking, she had gotten used to this with Trent and she guessed Katie was the exact same way.

"It was a mall trip?" Mac said, putting her shirts away.

"We both know it wasn't just that," Katie said sitting on the bed.

"Well I thought it might have been more, but he didn't really do anything. He even flinched when I tried to hold his hand," Mac said. She flopped on the bed next to Katie. Playing with her pillow.

"Really, that coward," Katie said. "He likes you."

"Well, he didn't really show it," Mac said. "I don't know, maybe it is for the best we are best friends."

"I think you to would be cute together," Katie said.

"I don't know, maybe I shouldn't rush it though because of everything," Mac said.

"Maybe, but it doesn't hurt to flirt," Katie said.

"Dinner," Trent shouted throughout the house.

"It could hurt, you haven't seen me flirt. I am very awkward." Mac said laughing and getting off of the bed. "But I'll try," Mac said.

"What the hell is this?" Mac said going through the mail. Dinner the previous night wasn't awkward but that was because Jason "went to bed early because he felt bad." Mac didn't think the date went that bad, but maybe he just wanted to be friends and now she made him feel awkward. She didn't want to think about it too much.

The mail though was something she could focus on and it was quite a hefty stack, none of the boys bothering to look at it all month long. But what Mac was particularly talking about is the one that was addressed to: The Werewolves, Shifter, and Human of the house. It had a red wax stamp on the back with the initials WC.

"I don't know," Jason said. It was only her and Jason at home at this moment, the others grabbing groceries. "Looks fancy." He said peering over her shoulder. She shivered when she could feel his breath on her neck.

"That it does," Mac said she turned away looking for a letter opener or butter knife afraid to rip it if she didn't use one.

"So what are we doing tomorrow," Jason said grabbing one of the magazines to look at, trying to cover the rejection he felt when she turned away.

"What's tomorrow?" Mac said finally finding a nice knife that she could open the mail with.

"It's Trent birthday," Jason said in a duh tone.

"Shit how could I forget," Mac said panicking.

"Well, you were captured an all," Jason said. "I think Trent will understand."

"No, shit. I have to go to the store now. I need to get him a giant gift. Oh I know." Mac said she left the half open letter grabbing her keys to the car. They had two cars at this point, one was Katie's but she said anybody could use it and the other one the group bought together. They decided on a big giant SUV, well the boys did they felt like celebrities. Mac kind of hated it because it was so big, but it was useful today.

She had to drive to the town over to find a Best Buy but it was easily worth the two hour drive for Trent. A giant TV was what she was going to get him, this way him and Katie can have their own space and their own movie nights.

When she finally got home she left it in the car seeing all of them in the kitchen, including Trent, getting ready for dinner.

"Hey, where have you been?" Trent asked.

"Just driving around, errands you know."

"Horrible liar," Trent said. "I can see my gift in the back."

"Damn," Mac said. "Well, I guess come and see it. Stupid werewolf vision." Mac mumbled to herself leaving the house.

"You got me a 60 inch TV," Trent said. "I love it." He said picking her up.

"I thought it would be a nice gift for you and Katie to have some privacy but still be able to watch movies," Mac said.

"I love it," Katie said also giving her a hug.

"Happy Birthday," Mac said giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"Sorry I blew the surprise," Trent said lifting the TV out of the car easily.

"Don't be, I now don't have to wrap it," Mac said. They walked back into the kitchen and he set it down on the side.

"Oh, you are still wrapping it," Trent said. "I'll act surprised tomorrow." He smiled at her going back to making dinner, his home cook burgers.

"Fair enough," Mac said.

"So what are we doing tomorrow?" Jason asked sitting at the table next to Mac, his hand slightly brushing hers, he sighed out with relief when she didn't take it away. She was too distracted making faces at Katie. Almost like they were talking through mind link.

"I was thinking a club," Trent said.

"That would be a lot of fun," Mac said finally stopping with the faces, she hasn't really been out at night for months, and she still loved to dance.

"Let's do it," Trent said.

Black Lunaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें