"Maar bhi tou nahie saktie mn tujhey zara. Ae Allah mn kya karun iss larki kaa? Khud marun k pehley isko marun" (I can't even kill you Zara, Ae Allah, shall I kill myself first or her?). Zara wiped her tears and in confused state looked at maha.

"He knows about your past zara" zara was shocked.

"I was the one who told him" zara didn't know how to react "But why?" Zara demanded.

"That day..." Maha continued "I was working in office when......"

Flashback starts

"Maha" the voice came, maha looked up and found shuja standing.

"Oh bhai, Asslam O alaikum" Maha greeted while she stood up in sense of respect.

"You are here for umair right? I am so sorry bhai actually, he just went for a meeting and he'll be back after half  an hour"  shuja nodded negatively

"I want to talk to you, can we go in a cafe" maha was startled but managing her posture she said "umm..yeah fine!"

..................................................................

"Umm okay yeah, what you want to talk about?" Maha asked , once they sat at table. Waiter came and they ordered coffee.

"What? I mean what about zara" shuja got a call but he rejected it and turned his all attention to topic.

"About her past and all" maha was startled, managing the situation shuja again spoke.

"She bas been getting nightmares lately, she is always tensed about something and I know something is haunting her but she just doesn't shares it with me, she always seals her lip and I know something in her past haunts her that's why she is always so silent, moreover you both have lived your lives together, I really want to know what haunts her and I know you know it" Maha was confused, shuja had bit of hope within.

"Umm...." maha started to speak, shuja noticed she was reluctant in telling  about past.

"Please I really want to know"  shuja spoke while waiter placed their order.

"Actually... okay let me start from the start" shuja nodded and took a sip from his coffee, "I know zara since she was 5 and I was 4, we shifted in same building where she used to live, we used to go to same school. She usually used to be silent, she used to speak very little. Like hello, hi, bye. I told mama that zara behaves weird so mama told me may be because she is introvert or something like that. I used to get irritated of zara because she doesn't use to speak. When I was 18 I came to know that zara's mother used to have one night stands with every next person."

"What" shuja almost shouted but managing his posture, he gestured maha to continue.

"But before I came to know, zara was always like a silent person. She was our neighbour so we used to hear her screams at night, we used to hear the sound of breaking glasses and every next day she used to have her wounds dressed. We, i mean my parents and we used to fear that may be some day her mother would kill her because her mother never cared for her, at times my mother used to go to their house to make zara's mom understand that how precious zara's life is but it was of no use. Years went on, she used to beat zara, dad complained to police but it was useless as with police officer itself she had... the stand" shuja was beyond shocked, not over zara's mother but zara's patience. How much zara had endured.

"Was zara real daughter of that women?" Maha nodded, shuja took another sip but the coffee turned cold.

"Zara was real daughter and she wasn't illegitimate child. Her father died when she was 2." Maha took the sip  coffee, shuja sighed.

"Alright so you know her mother wasn't fair to her so zara used to fear every human, it was at the age of 8 when she accepted my friendship but she used to fear my mom as she used to think that each mother is like that of hers, she was a tough child. Mom and dad used to fear that she might fall in depression so they used to cheer her up and at times zara used to live at our house. Her mother never cared for her thou so she never enquired where and how zara is, once zara was 13 and was in her own house, her mother sold her to some man for some dollars" At this shuja clenched his fist but tried to remain calm. " But as soon as papa came to know about it, he called police and zara-s mom and the person was arrested. Zara then hated each women until my mom and papa legally adopted her. Mom changed zara's mind set and we used to have this happy life but once again it was shattered when at the age of 17, a person tried to rape her, she was saved by the time but now she always hates the idea of 'love'.

Flashback ends.

"He..he knows about my mother, he knows I was at verge of being raped?" Zara spoke, maha nodded her head.

"He doesn't hates me?" Maha hugged zara "why would he? What was your mistake?"

"My background would affect his life, if anyone comes to know that my mother was this "women" than he'll be questioned and...." maha cuts her off

"He loves you zara, if there was any other man at his place, he would have divorced you at the moment but after I told him about you, he loved you even more. And you know what zara, he is messed up right now because of you!!! It's been 3 days, he is not going to office, umair tells me how disturbed he is, and you are here sleeping like a cow" Maha was annoyed.

"Don't ruin your life and not his, you both love eachother than what's the problem. If we can love you despite of your mother why can't shuja love you? All these years you were living with us, were we ever questioned? Okay that aunt of mine, mama's sister is lunatic, she is always creating hatred but never she has questioned us, Grow up Zara, Grow up, don't leave shuja, he loves you" Maha took her bag and was about to go outside the room when she looked back at zara and said "Stop thinking about past, come into present and beautify your future. Stop ruining everything" maha walks out.

"I think she is right" whispers zara.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Thank you for the votes and comments.

Now what? 😎 let's see in next update.

Asslam O Alaikum.......