Chapter 15

"Where is she?" Maha stromed into her parent's house as if she had to catch a train.

"No Salam No dua, Maha where are the manners" Mrs jafry scolded maha, maha sheepishly smiled and hugged her parents.

"Mom it's urgent that's why! Where is zee?" Mrs jafry pointed to the room in corner, maha kissed mrs jafry and quickly went inside.

As soon as she entered, she saw zara sleeping calmly. She smirked and went inside washroom, after few minutes she was back with bucket full of water.

1....2....and she splashed water over zara, zara got up and started to breathe heavily. Maha suppressed her laugh while zara coughed. "What the hell" she shouted and rubbed her eyes. To her much surprise maha was there with bucket in her hand.

"Are you mad mahi, how many times I've asked you to not use this idea" zara came out of the bed and wiped her face with her hands. She quickly went inside washroom while Mrs jafry entered the room.

"Great" she said sarcastically while Maha bit her lower lip "Amazing, do one thing maha, fill the bucket again and splash the water all around  house" she remarked angrily and went outside the room. Maha laughed.

In mean time zara was back, she glared at maha as if she was going to kill her. Maha glared back. Their glaring game was going on when zara asked "now what?"

Maha went to her, held her hand and both of them sat at couch. "Why you are doing this?" Maha asked, zara pretended to be unaware of the topic, maha is talking about.

"what am I doing?" Zara stood up from couch but maha pulled her back.

"Don't pretend or else this will be your last day at earth" maha sounded dangerous, she was serious this time. "Why did you ask for divorce from shuja?" Zara averted her gaze.

"So he told you about it" zara sounded sarcastic.

"He didn't tell me, I just listened to his talks with umair" zara didn't meet maha's gaze so maha made zara turn her head "He loves you then why are you doing this" maha sympathetically told which made zara's heart skip a beat. The tears started to well up in her eyes but she controlled.

"Because.....I just....don't love him and...." maha cuts her off.

"Don't lie, especially to me" Maha sounded chilly. Zara took a deep breath, "I am not....." zara was again cut off by maha.

"DON'T LIE" maha shouted this time, zara knew she couldn't take it anymore so she started to cry heavily. Maha was flabbergasted by this sudden change in zara, she hugged zara, Allah knows for how much time zara cried and Maha patted her back.

Maha knew zara needed someone so she didn't question her further as it seemed inappropriate for this time. Zara broke the hug and wiped her tears, there was a long silence when finally maha thought to end it.

"Zara" Maha held zara-s hand ,"Tell me whatever you are hiding, just tell me, I can not set the things right but at least I'll know the reason" Zara nodded.

"I want divorce because....." zara stopped, Maha beckoned to continue.

"I am not right for shuja, I'll mess up his life. I know he loves me, he admitted it too but I just am not right person for him" Maha gave the look "are you serious"

"Tell me right reason" Maha demanded.

"Maha I just don't want to spoil his life, see I have this very very very dark past. And I know some point at my life I'll have to tell him my past and he'll surely leave me...." maha was about to cut her off but zara gestured her to stop and continued "My past Will have bad impact on our relation, moreover his fame will be affected, he'll be affected, his father told me how much shuja has worked hard for his career, I can't just spoil his career. If in case Media comes to know about my background, they'll surely ask numerous questions from shuja, there will be hustle, he, his fame, his money, his business will be affected and I don't want to ruin his entire life" Tears were continuously flowing from zara's eyes, maha took a deep breathe.