Roommates

"Ok, so that will be $2,523 Ms.Watkins" Jayla nodded and swiped her card. "Ok thank you see you next month" the slim white lady said. Jayla walked outside and hopped in her car and drove home.

Jayla Watkins is 5'8 with caramel skin tone. She has shoulder length curly hair, big brown eyes and full lips with a slim body.

She walked inside and dropped her purse then took off her shoes. She heard her phone ringing, it was her best friend Mya.

"Hey babes, wassup" Jayla said answering the phone. Jayla and Mya have been friends since the beginning of high school. At first, they couldn't stand each other but once they had a few classes together, they became best friends.

"You home?" Mya asked.

"Yea, just walked in. Mya this shit is getting so stressful" Jayla said sighing.

"I told you to get a roommate. Y'all could split the rent, and the cost of food. Come on, think about it. You have a part time job where your co worker sexually harasses you, pay rent and buy food that barley last you through the month but never have pocket money for the rest of the month. " Jayla sighed again while rubbing her temples.

"Man I don't know. Another person living with me. Wait scratch that, a stranger living with me. No I'm good"

"Jay really? You complain about having to borrow money from your dad then when you do borrow money, he act like he control your life. So you can either choose to interview someone to stay with you, or keep stressing, getting harassed and borrowing money from your dad while he control your life." Mya stated.

"Ok I'll think about it. But I gotta go. I'm tired and starving so come by tomorrow when I get off work"

"Iight boo goodnight" Jayla hung up and went to shower. After a long hot shower, she got out and heated up some chicken and rice.

Things have never been easy for Jayla. Since the age of 15, she has had a job and worked for everything she has. Never had a mother in her life and her father just recently walked into her life. Jayla was raised by her grandmother, who died from lung cancer on Valentine's day the previous year.

Now 20 and a junior in college, her life is still hard. Working part time and being in school is stressful, especially when your 'father' tries to control everything in your life from where to work to who to date.

Jayla hasn't had a boyfriend before mainly because she doesn't have time for one but she has always thought about having one.

Jayla finished eating before climbing into bed and going to sleep.

7:00am

Jayla walked into her legal writing class and sat in the front. School was something she didn't play about. She had A's and B's for her first semester and right now during the second semester, she is working on all A's.

Her grandmother always told her someone can take away your money, take away those fancy little clothes and take away your respect, but they can't take away your knowledge.

After her legal writing class, she went to her legal research, paralegal Internship class then Civ Proc: Discovery. After she was done with school, it was 2p.m. She drove home, took a shower then dressed for work. She wore a black pencil skirt, a white blouse and a black blazer. She got to work at 3:00 on the dot.

"Yes Mr.Jefferson, your 4:30 is already here"

"Ok, send her in please"

Jayla walked into the waiting area of the law firm and called out for Mr.Jefferson's next appointment.